Three Places To Get Good Coffee In Tuscaloosa That Aren't Starbucks

Because there's more than just Sbux.

23
Monarch Espresso Bar

I love Starbucks as much as anyone, but I have to admit that occasionally I get tired of going to the same place to get my coffee and crave a different atmosphere. Fortunately, Tuscaloosa has plenty more to offer.

1. Heritage House

Heritage House is a locally owned coffee house that opened back in 1994. The owner has combined her Christian faith and love of coffee to create their unique atmosphere.Their menu is much more than coffee -- they also serve lunch, cakes and pastries. They have three locations, each which a homey atmosphere to study in. If you go, order the Bama Blitz!

2. Nehemiah's

Nehemiah's is a coffee shop built after the Tuscaloosa tornado by the pastor of the Forest Lake Baptist Church, who was inspired by his faith. The shop has everything from espresso to snacks and is a cozy place to study on a rainy day.

3. Monarch Espresso Bar

Monarch is an espresso bar that opened just a few months ago and was created with helped from Kickstarter funds. They offer lots of items including espresso, coffee, tea and even avocado toast. They have a lovely downtown location that you can visit to study and get your caffeine fix.