I'm A Pinterest Girl And I Need To Start Putting My Boards Into Action

I need to start living out my pins.
653

Let's face it, Pinterest is by far the best social media website. Nothing is more relaxing or inspiring than scrolling through a webpage full of ideas and steps to make your creative dreams into a reality. Personally, I'm thrilled with the empowering thought that I can do anything anyone else on that website can. I call myself a Pinterest Girl.

If you're a Pinterest Girl, you probably know it. You have what feels like a million boards crafted to relate to every topic of interest you may possibly have bursting with ideas you probably wish you could take full credit for. Your entire future, including but not limited to your wedding, dream home, and children's names are all planned out and saved online for you to access anytime anywhere.

As blissful as life is as a Pinterest Girl, it's just as much of a curse as it is a blessing.

While it feels as though your whole life is organized, you, like me, may be forgetting one crucial thing, to put into action the ideas you find online.

I sit and scroll through my homepage and I pick out ideas and things I want to do. But rarely, if ever have I gone to work to try out these ideas or make these lifestyle changes for myself.

2017 was a rough year for me. I graduated from high school and started college, so of course, I made some of the best memories of my life. However, I also spent time focused on the wrong things and toxic people and therefore lost so much time I could've spent trying new things and improving upon myself.

That would've been a much more productive use of my time. I didn't get involved in my campus community as much as I had hoped because I was stuck in this strange position in which I felt new experiences wouldn't live up to those I had in my senior year of high school while also being afraid of being hurt by new people all over again.

I have a lot of regrets from 2017, but I have decided that 2018 is not going to be another year of mistakes.

If I don't start living life like my Pinterest persona right now, I may never get to.

College is the time to figure out who I am and what I want to be. One of the best ways to figure out where to start has got to be figuring out what inspires me.

I've already begun this journey by taking more classes that interest me this semester and kicking off a weight loss journey. Pinterest has been a lifesaver in regards to helping me figure out how to proceed in my new endeavors.

So yes, when I finish writing this post, I'm probably going to unlock my phone and tap on that red and white logo. Now however, I'll be logging in with a purpose as I await the changes I'm making in real life to go into effect.