Pictures Can Only Do So Much: Live In The Moment.

I have been a picture taker for longer than I can remember. My phone is always out and I am always ready to snap one. I love taking photos, I love the memories behind them and the happiness I remember. But, it wasn't until someone told me to put the phone down and live in the moment, that I realized the photos were my memory, and the moments weren't.

33
Phorest.com

I have over 5k photos in my camera roll and over 10k in my drobox app. I am obsessed with taking a picture of a moment, but I never truly was in the moment. While recently on vacation, someone told me to just stop and be in the moment, I argued and said, "I love photos, let me be." But while I was alone, I thought about it and realized they were right.

I scrolled through the thousands of photos I have and tried to remember the moment I was in during the picture. I couldn't remember the feeling, I only remembered the picture.

I felt a little upset because I have millions of memories to look back on from my pictures, but I couldn't remember the feeling behind them. Now, I am not saying do not take pictures, but stop being so obsessed with it.

I lived by the phrase, "You never know when your last day will be, so take as many photos as you can." I am stopping that as of today. I need to live in the moment, feel the excitement, happiness, laughter and fun. I can't rely on photos to help me remember this. I need to start feeling it while it is happening.

Nothing against anyone who does this, but I realized that it was taking me away from a lot of the, "now" moments and feeling present. My phone was always helping me look back on it, and a lot of the scenery I have witnessed had a camera in front of it, instead of my own eyes.

Always remember that the best memories you have will always be created while you live in the moment. When you look back on life and know when you were your happiest, your soul will feel it, the picture will not have to tell you that.

Now, I understand all people who love photos- I do too. But, relying on your camera to make sure you have every second documented is not a way to travel or sight see and visit. Capture those memories with your eyes and soul, feel in the moment and take it all in.

I am thankful for the thousands of memories I have captured, but I will no longer rely on my cell phone to help me remember. You deserve to be in the moment and feel the happiness and serenity of it.

To the person who told me this, thank you and I love you.

Love Always, Mel.