5 Reasons To Start Playing Pickleball

5 Reasons To Ghost The Treadmill And Play Pickleball With Your Roommate Instead

Don't knock it, till you try it.

527

Pickleball is the sport that everyone can equally be bad at and still enjoy. It's a paddle sport that uses the elements of tennis, badminton, and ping-pong. You can play it inside and outside, on a court with a tennis net. All you need is paddles and plastic ball with holes.

The basics of pickleball are pretty easy to understand and the rules are easily accessible online. This is a game that can be played as singles or doubles and for all ages and skill levels.

However, pickleball is underrated and deserves its time to shine. Here are five reasons why you need to incorporate pickleball into your fitness regimen.

You get a serious workout in 

One of the main reasons pickleball should be the newest fitness trend is due to how good of a workout it is. According to Pickle Ball Portal, a 160-pound adult can burn about 250 calories playing pickleball for 30 minutes. There is no standing around with pickleball. You are always moving, running, diving, and hitting.

You can work out without feeling like you're working out 

Something that often stops people from working out is that it gets repetitive or boring or they can't get themselves to the gym. Pickleball, on the other hand, is a fun game that isn't just the same routine each time you play. It's exciting and a great way to hang out with your friends, while getting the recommended 60 minutes of exercise.

It won't cost you a lot of money 

Gym costs are often something that will stop people from wanting to workout. From personal trainers to nutritionists to gym memberships, exercise can be too expensive. Pickleball, on the other hand, costs close to nothing. Most recreational centers already have the balls and nets you need to play the game. All you need yourself is the paddle which can come as a set on Amazon for around $20.

It's social 

Most of the time, working out consists of independent activity on a treadmill or with weights and you don't have time or energy to work out with friends. Pickleball allows you to meet new people, hang out with your friends, have fun, and still fit in a workout.

You don't need to be a pro 

Something that might be stopping people from playing is the thought that they have to know everything about the game to play. Spoiler alert: you don't. The rules are easily accessed online and are pretty easy to understand. No huge skill is required to start playing and the more you play, the better you will become.

There you have it! The top five reasons why pickleball needs to be part of your exercise routine! Go out with your friends and get started right now. I promise you won't regret it.