Physics Colloquium And Advice

Physics Colloquium And Advice

On Thursday, I went to Physics Colloquium and got to hear some very good advice about life in general from our speaker.

9
Physics Colloquium And Advice
Apple

On Thursday, I went to a talk by a Wooster graduate who was a computer science and physics double major during his time here. He chose a route into the corporate world instead of into academia. He worked for Mathematica for a while and now works at Apple. He gave some great advice on interviews and school work and how to get into the corporate world. But, he also gave some great advice on life in general, which is what I want to talk about.

One of the main points he seemed to make throughout all of his advice was giving your mind a break. One of the pieces of advice I really liked was to go for a walk. After you get so busy and stressed that you are not able to be productive anymore then taking a walk can really help. It allows you to clear your head and focus on things besides the work at hand.

Some of the other advice he gave was to have a hobby. I am really glad I have a hobby. It gives me the chance to look at something different for a little while. Sometimes it can be very stressful to just stare at my work and not do anything else so when I have the opportunity I try to take it.

The entire talk was very informative, but this advice is some advice that I hope sticks with me. It is really easy to get so busy that I forget about doing things like this. But, it just leads me into being burnt out and unable to get anything productive done.