Phrases Midwesterners Say During Winter
Seasonal

The 5 Phrases Every Midwesterner Says During The Winter, At Least Once

Ope! Some phrases that everyone from the midwest has probably uttered at some point during the cold months.

2901

It's that time of year again that every Midwesterner dreads: winter.

The time of year where the air is so cold that it hurts your face and we get barricaded in our own homes with snow. Being from the Midwest, we have developed many sayings to describe just how we feel during this season, so I thought I'd share some of those as December is currently in full force.

1. "It wouldn't be so cold out here if it weren't for the darn wind."

Image result for cold wind gif

Curse you, wind! You make the weather even more bitter than it was before.

2. "Let's go drive around and look at the Christmas lights!"

Image result for christmas lights

When it's so cold that we can't even stand taking a walk outside, we will drive around in the evening to look at the Christmas lights around the neighborhood. We will usually do this while drinking a hot beverage because even though we are in our cars, we are still cold.

3. "LOOK! THE SUN!"

Image result for sunny day with snow

Usually, the sun does not hit the Midwest from the months of November-March, so when we get a day that isn't overcast, we are bound to talk about it.

4. "Only six months till summer vacation!"

Image result for summer vacation gif

Only 200 days until we get to hit the beach and be happy again.

5. "Ope, at least we can use the oven to cook now."

Image result for delicious stew

One of the few benefits of winter is getting to whip out our very best stew recipes.