10 Creative Photography Crafts To Bring Your Instagram Feed To Life

If your photos are good enough for the feed, they're good enough for creative crafts and photo gifts!

38

If you're anything like me, you take photos of anything and everything. Whether that be the food you ordered at a restaurant, photos with your friends when you're all glammed up for a night on the town, or the beautiful atmosphere you're exploring while traveling. But what do you do with these photos after you take them? Sure, you can post them on Instagram and bring in hundreds of likes, but what if you could do more with them and make them more special? I love getting creative with my photos, and I want to share some of my favorite "Pinterested" photo crafts with you. Enjoy!

1. Simple frames

I have these frames on my dorm room desk (along with five others!), and I love that I can work on homework but also look at them and remember fun times with my friends and family. This is a super simple and cheap (these frames are from Dollar Tree) way to showcase your favorite pictures! With solid colored frames like the ones I have above, you can even use a Sharpie Paint Pen to decorate them how you'd like.

2. Picture cubes

I haven't tried making this photo cube yet, but it is on my list of "crafts to try!" By getting artsy and keeping some of your favorite photos on this creative box, you will be able to have a small keepsake of some of your favorite memories, saving space on your countertop or desk while still including multiple photos! Plus, you'll have fun as you spend some time crafting to make it.

3. Scrapbook

Call me a grandma, but scrapbooking is one of my favorite things to do—I have made a scrapbook of every family vacation we have been on in the last five years. I also made a giant scrapbook of my senior year of high school which is one of my favorite ones! Personally, I enjoy making them by hand because you can add your own artistic touch to each page, but websites like Shutterfly make scrapbooking even easier by helping you create one digitally!

4. Wall collage

My walls in my room at home are covered in pictures. My walls in my dorm at college are covered in photos. It's so easy to print out photos at a local store such as Walgreens or CVS and hang them up! Make sure to use masking tape on the back so it is easy to peel off later.

5. Travel map

One of my life goals is to travel to all 50 states—I've already been to 29 so I'm already over halfway there! With travel and photography both being two large aspects of my life, one thing I have always wanted to do is create a photo map like this one from Etsy. Whenever you visit a new state, add a photo of the state in the right spot on the map. This will definitely be something I have in my future home!

6. Photo blanket

Let's be real, blankets are great for any occasion, but especially if you live in a cold climate like me! These photo blankets from Shutterfly are great gifts for birthdays, graduations, or just for the family! My mom and I have made these for graduations and put pictures of the grad spanning from kindergarten to senior year!

7. Mod Podge wooden letters

Perfect for a friend or as a decoration around the house. Pinterest has lots of ideas, but it is up to you to make it your own and give it your own personal touch! Add sparkles, do black & white photos instead of color, get creative!

8. Anything on Shutterfly

I've mentioned Shutterfly a few times already, but it is truly the hub for photo gifts and decorations. Besides making your annual Christmas card on it, check it out to create notepads, calendars, mugs, phone cases, and more! One of the many items I have made on Shutterfly is this is a mug that I made of our Hawaii trip a few years ago.

9. Ornaments 

You can make this digitally, but handmaking ornaments to include pictures makes them special! The ornaments on your Christmas tree represent important parts of life such as your first house, a vacation, a first Christmas, so why not add some ornaments with photos in them too! You can print out photos and mod podge them onto small wooden squares, you can frame them using popsicle sticks or small sticks, you can even use cookie cutters and place the photo behind the cutout and cut the parts of the photo that fall outside of the shape.

10.  Magnets

Perfect for your dorm room fridge, a magnet board you have behind your desk, or for your home fridge so your mom can see your smiling face every time she goes to grab milk :) Purchase tiles from any hardware store such as Home Depot, apply mod podge, stick on the photo, and then hot glue a magnet to the back! Click here for more details.

Test out some of these photo crafts so you can show off memories and photography more places than just your social media feeds! These ten crafts are simple, easy, and a lot of fun, hope you try a few of them out!