Peter Kavinsky Gave Milennial Girls New Hope On Finding The One

The rom-com era is making a comeback.

14

So every decade has the romantic comedy that everyone says is hands down the best love story of all time. There's The Notebook, Sleepless in Seattle, Love Actually, The Proposal. The one thing that made them great was the leading man in the movie. The guy who was the cool or tough guy but was the low-key hopeless romantic. These are the movies we grew up loving but we haven't movies that had the same vibe in a while until now.

Heads up, There will be spoilers to the movie below so you've been warned.

"To All The Boys I Love Before" is a Netflix Original movie about a high-school junior girl who wrote five letters to the crushes she has had over the course of her teenage life. Her littl sister sent the letters out and her whole world is turned upside down. The first person to recieve a letter was Peter Kavinsky, a lacrosse player who is labeled as the cool guy but is also a sweet and nice guy. He had just broken up with his girlfriend and wanted to make her jealous and help Laura Jean avoid her friend and sister's ex boyfriend, Josh, as he had recieved as well and she's mortified. They decided to start a fake relationship and over the course of the movie, they start falling for each other. What makes the story even better is Peter showing his true colors.

to all the boys i loved before assets.rbl.ms

At first he plays the part of being a fake boyfriend like holding her hand and kissing her in public but her starts doing little things for Laura Jean. He wrote her love notes (on paper), he hung out with her and her little sister, introduced her to his mom and brother. He drove across town to get her favorite yogurt for her just because. On the class ski trip, they get in the hot tub together and Peter tells her that he doesn't want to force her to have sex and that the moment should be special for her. He thought about them being long-term rather than temporary. He was the first one to say how he actually felt about her and that he's in love with her. When a video comes out of the two of them in the hot tub, Laura Jean is harassed and Peter defends her in front of the entire school.

WHY CAN'T EVERY GUY BE LIKE THAT?

Now mind you, this is based off a best selling book so there is some non-fiction to it but it's a young adult novel that tells the story of being young and wanting to live a fantasy love story but life happens and it's complicated. But when you really care about someone and have feelings you can't describe in just a sentence, that's real feelings and it's a HUGE deal that a guy opens up about his feelings.

The guy who plays him, Noah Centineo, has become the milennial Ryan Gosling and he is exactly like his character in real life. His tweets are filled about love quotes and jokes that will make you swoon to your knees. In a time where girls are always messing around with the wrong guys or getting their hearts broken on the regular and when dating has become so complicated, having this little imaginary hope of there being the perfect guy is pretty nice. And it makes girls think that there's a Peter for every girl out there

.