Pet Doors and Its Significance In The Pet World

13
Pet Owners Survey

Pets are not pets, as per se, they are babies of the family who require constant nourishment, care, and adoration.

This lies true worldwide and for Americans, especially, where 70% of US families, or about 90.5 million people are pet owners. These statistics are according to the 2021-2022 National Pet Owners Survey, conducted by the American Pet Products Association (APPA).

The above statistics are contributed mainly by the baby boomers of the country who share 27% of ownership and millennials who share 32% - the biggest share of pet owners as per Statista. These ownerships also bring forth the need for the pets to move in and out of the house continually.

The owners cannot expect their pets to stay at home all day as it can be tiresome and monotonous for the furry friends. Focussing on this requirement and increasing mobility, expenditure on pets became a priority. Pet industry expenditure in the United States gained demand since 1994 which amounted to approximately $75.38 billion in 2019. This highlighted the desire to pamper their pets unconditionally.

In reference to the above statement, pet doors also became an imperative and integral part of pets’ lives. Focussing on the health, ease, and convenience of the pets, Petvation invented the smartest automatic pet door that allows the pets to leave the house and return safely. The days when dogs stood at the door, barking continually for the owners to let them out isn’t prevalent anymore. True, this problem subsided when pet doors with flaps were invented which allowed the pets to leave as per their wish but also welcomed unknown strays. This raised concerns for the safety of pet owners on a large scale.

The smart pet doors come with a pet facial recognition feature that utilizes animal facial recognition technology as and when the pet approaches the door. In any instance, if it is being followed, the door will obstruct the entry of the stray. This feature delivers safety to the pets and the owners vastly.

In today's era when we are surrounded by technology, an invention for pets is praiseworthy. Understanding the setbacks, Petvation’s high-tech app allows pet owners to control the door from their smartphone, anywhere and anytime. Through the Petvation app, pet owners can control and adjust the timings for their pets to enter and leave the house.

Furthermore, this super quiet vertical lift door with the ultra-quiet motor will never disturb a sleeping baby. Yes, it is that quiet!

What’s more, the owner will always receive a notification on their mobile whenever their pet uses the door. This will assist in monitoring the pet’s activity over time.

“Pet technology today remains insufficient and inexcusably behind the needs of their problems compared with that of human tech? With more than ten years of experience in the home appliance industry, our mission is to open the door to new possibilities in the smart pet appliance world,” said Eric Jiang, CEO of Petvation.

Now the pets can move about with liberty; the flap doors are proven to be risky; however, the smart pet door delivers freedom with safety for themselves and their families. This AI smart pet door is solving problems faced by pet owners and is the ultimate solution to the constant worry.