Pushing through the pain leads to reaching your goals
Nature Animals

Perseverance Leads To Happiness

How I persevered through an intense hike that lead me to something truly beautiful.

86
Perseverance Leads To Happiness
Sedona Meadows

In life, there are always obstacles one must face, and for me, this hike was one of them. My best friend and I had heard about this gorgeous creek that is hidden in the mountains of Sedona but it requires a good amount of walking to get to it.

We began this journey on the road with much excitement. My best friend and I were navigated to this neighborhood in the mountains and at that moment we knew we were not in the right place.

With the help of technology, we were able to search for a different set of directions in hope it would lead us to the real trail.

For the second time, we did not find the right area but we did not want to give up, we were going to find this hike. We decided to give it one more try.

Finally, at last, we drove into the deep roads of Sedona, went over a one-way bridge, passed the mailboxes and came to where we needed to be.

Once we got to the trail-front we read a sign that said: "it is advised to bring at least a gallon of water per person." We both looked at each other with fright knowing we only had about a bottle each.

Since it took so long to find the place we decided we would push through without as much water...maybe wasn't the best idea.

The trail is about 3.5 miles each way and is purely under the sun.

The two of us were only about 1 mile in when we felt extremely sick. We looked for the shadiest spots to rest under along the way. And we asked people as they passed us on the trail, how much longer we had till we found the beauty we were looking for.

Every person had a different answer, and many answers weren't very promising regarding how far we were. Until a sweet couple passed us as we were sitting in the shadows and told us we weren't too far. They said at this very point in our trail they were feeling sick too but that the creek is so worth it.

That was just the positive type of message we needed to continue on this trail and make it to what we came here for.

It took about another mile to get to the creek but when we got there we felt a great amount of accomplishment in knowing WE DID THAT.

We spent some time in the water and felt completely refreshed and our bodies began to awaken again. It was truly magical in the idea that something so tough and grueling could lead us to a wonderful place as a reward.

I do not recommend going into the heat without a lot of water because that is dangerous to a person's health but I'm happy my best friend and I decided to persevere through an exhausting hike to reach to the point we wanted to get to.

Life always seems to make it harder when a person is wanting to reach their goals. But what makes life so great is that the majority of the time, a person reaches those said goals and comes back stronger and with even better results.

If you put in the effort, passion, and drive into whatever you do, you will succeed and life will reward you.

I'm extremely proud of my best friend and I for accomplishing that physical adventure because we got to witness one of the prettiest things on this Earth.

Put in the passion and you'll be happy where you are and where you'll be.