5 Things Made Easier By Going To A Smaller School For College

My name is Cassie not student 6254307

195
Wikimedia

My first two years of college were spent at a smaller university and although I am beyond excited to transfer to the University of Kansas next fall, going to a smaller school has had its pros too.

1. Smaller class sizes

At a small school, you don’t have to sit in a lecture hall with over 100 other students. It is easier to focus and ask questions if needed.

2. Knowing your professors

As a student-athlete, I had to miss class occasionally for games. It was easy for me to communicate with my professor because he/she actually knew I existed. I wasn’t just a number.

3. Getting involved on campus

It is easier to get involved at a small school and be a leader because there are fewer students. Between athletics, Greek Life, and student media, I was never bored.

4. Focusing on academics

There are not as many distractions in comparison to some of the bigger Universities. It is easier to stay focused on your top priorities.

5. Making friends

At a smaller school, I was instantly connected with people who became close friends. I also had different groups of friends because of the different things that I was involved in. And although I’m leaving next year, I know these friendships will be lifelong bonds.