Perks Of A Medium-Sized College

Perks Of A Medium-Sized College

Not too big and not too small, but just right.
333

Not all colleges are the same size; some are big, some are small, and others are just in the middle. Every college has its perks as well. But I believe that the medium-sized colleges are the best colleges, just because of the size of the campus. It’s like the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story. But instead of a bed, a chair, or food, it’s a college. But the size alone can determine which colleges some students go to. So here are the reasons why you should go to medium sized college:

Almost everything is in walking distance

This is probably the best reason for anyone looking at a college. You don’t have to have a parking pass just to get to classes. You can get from your bed, walk out of the dorm hall and a few minutes later, you are at your classroom. You can even walk to other dorms if you made a friend that lives in another dorm. Yes, you can have a bike, but it is not required - unlike the big colleges where you have to have a map and a tour guide to get you to class or even to visit a friend at another dorm.

Not too cramped

Unlike the big campuses, small campus buildings are also within walking distance - so much so that there are maybe one or two buildings you have EVERY class in. Yeah, you have your dorms and your cafeteria and your library, but that is it really. Any other building is not University property and more likely than not, your classroom is right next to the other building listed. Which leads to my next point ...

You cannot get lost

This is something that both small and medium sized colleges will have, but not the big colleges. While at the beginning of your first year in a college, you can get lost because it is bigger than your high school and you don’t know where everything is. But you eventually get to know the area pretty well and even find a short cut to your classes. However, at big colleges, you have to have a map just to get from one building to another. Small and medium colleges don’t really have that problem.

Hangout spots

Every college has a spot(s) that is known for people to hangout. Whether it is to eat after classes or to play sports at, you have a spot to meet up with your friends. With small colleges, you only get one place and everyone is there, making it crowded. While at big colleges, it is too far way to walk and you need to take a car. However, at a medium-sized college you have the benefits of both big and small colleges. You get to have multiple places to hangout while also having the places be in walking distance but also not be too crowded.

So there you have it. Those are the perks of a medium-sized college. Not every college is going to be the same, but for the most part, you probably won’t get lost, you won’t have to have a car to get to class or to a friend's dorm, you get to hangout with friends and be able to walk to any hangout spot you want, and you won’t feel cramped while staying on campus. In the end, you want to be on a campus that is just the right size; not too big but not too small.