Perks Of Going Home For The Weekend

Perks Of Going Home For The Weekend

You really should every once in a while.

11
Perks Of Going Home For The Weekend
Carney Team

During your time in college, it can be difficult to find the time to go see your parents. Between busy class schedules, the endless hours of homework, and trying to make memories with life-long friends, how are we expected to make time for our life back home? Let me tell you, there are many perks to spending some time at home with your folks.

Mama's Home Cooking

I know I know, the stereotypical reason why most college students go home. However, there is nothing as good as your favorite meal made with Mama's special loving touch!

Daddy's Talks

If you're in the same shoes as me, talking to your Dad while you're away at school comes few and far between. He knows that you're off doing bigger and better things and succeeding in life with things he taught you. Nevertheless, when you get home, he wants to know everything. Daddy is happy to have you under his roof again, whether he admits it or not.

Your Bed.

Yes, we have beds at college. They also do have a certain level of comfort. But there is nothing like snuggling up in your own bed at home and getting that familiar night's sleep.

Sleep

You actually sleep at your parent's house, but more like a comatose type sleep. The relaxation that comes with being at home brings on the brick wall of tiredness that you can't help but sleep.

Personal Laundromat

When you're at home, you don't have to worry about waiting for a washing machine to be available (or that fear of a dryer being available after you washed clothes). You're able to easily wash your clothes and if your mother's nesting censor turns on, she may offer to help you.

Mommy's Hugs

We all have those days while we are at college that we just KNOW that a hug from Mom would help make it all better. Mom, unfortunately, is two hours away. Usually when I go home, I stock up on Mommy Hugs so I'm able to get through at least a few tough days before I can go home again.

Free Food

You might be thinking, she just mentioned Mommy's cooking. But you know what comes with Mommy's cooking? LEFTOVERS. If your Mom really knows how broke you are, she allows you to raid the fridge and snag some leftovers to take back to school. Not only does that save you money, it saves you the time of going to get food, but it saves your meal plan for when you really need it.

Feeling Refreshed

Going home can sometimes serve as your refresh button. You're going to a WAY less stressed environment with the comforts such as your bed, your parents, and the comfort foods. You are able to calm your stress level just enough that you don't become overwhelmed as easily when you return.

Your Family is Right There

There is nothing like having your family right there to love on you. They have been there for you since day one helping you, supporting you, and getting you through the toughest of times. They are the ones that can read you like a book, understand your quirks in and out, and are the most proud of you and your accomplishments.

Going home for a weekend is a rare gem. I understand how crucial it was for you to get out of there come senior year of high school, but there are times (which can be hard to confess) that you do miss your parents and the feeling of being at home. Take advantage of each opportunity you get to go home, believe me. Both you and your family will be glad you did.