why is my relationship failing
Dating

The Perfect Relationship Doesn't Exist, No Matter How Many #CoupleGoals You See

As much as we'd like there to be, there just isn't a Prince Charming out there for everyone.

1250

As a little girl, I grew up thinking that there was a Prince Charming for every girl and that everyone got a happily ever after. As I got older, I began to realize that while love can make you feel that you're on top of the world, it can also make you feel like you're breaking into pieces.

I found that no relationship is perfect, and trying to find the perfect relationship is impossible.

In today's world, social media has had an impact on how we view relationships. #RelationshipGoals can make you feel like you're doing something wrong with your own love life because we see other couples that look like they have the perfect relationship. We only see the good parts of relationships on social media, not the bad. No one knows about that stupid argument they had at 2 a.m. or how they took a week-long break last month.

My friends have commented on how my boyfriend and I are perfect for each other, and while we do love each other, sometimes this statement annoys me. I hate it because we aren't perfect. No relationship is perfect. We work hard at our relationship by communicating, being committed, and trusting one another. Others believe that we just magically found each other and everything in our relationship is cotton candy and rainbows, but that isn't true.

No one is perfect. Every person has their flaws, which are brought into the relationship. Thus, the perfect relationship will always elude us. Couples fight, and while they may have their disagreements, that doesn't mean that they don't love one another. If you never argue with your significant other, that should be a red flag. Your life experiences are bound to be different, so never disagreeing with anything means that you don't know them well enough, or one of you isn't interested enough in the relationship to care.

There will be times that your relationship will hit a rough patch. Perhaps you've been arguing about not spending time together. Being in a good relationship means that you want to work things out with your significant other and help them with what they're going through. If you love someone and are in a healthy relationship, then you should want to improve the relationship. Thinking that a perfect relationship exists means you probably run at first sight of conflict. Acting that way will never let you find a relationship.

Don't compare your relationship to anyone else's. Trying to achieve the perfect relationship will strain your relationship. While it may be impossible to have a perfect relationship, it is possible for you to be in a great relationship. Try to find someone that loves you for yourself and who you enjoy being around.