13 Thriller And Mystery Books Perfect To Read For Halloween

Putting the "boo" in books.

1023

It's that time of year again when Halloween is right around the corner. There are countless TV shows and movies to watch to put you in the holiday spirit, but there's also plenty of books too.

My list of 13 (because what number is creepier?) books is full of puzzling mysteries to set you on edge or suspenseful thrillers that will keep your eyes glued to the page and are perfect fits for all your spooky needs.

Lastly, they are from the Young Adult genre because that is what I predominantly read, but they're good enough stories that people of all ages can enjoy them.

1. "Two Can Keep a Secret" by Karen M. McManus

Why you should read: It's about a girl moving to a mysterious town to live with her aunt where everyone seems to be keeping secrets, and people are starting to go missing.

Check it out here!

2. "We Were Liars" by E. Lockhart

Why you should read: As you can tell from the title, this story is full of lots of secrets and lies, and as they unravel, a group of friends' lives as they know it will unravel too.

Check it out here!

3. "Trouble" trilogy by Stephanie Tromly

Why you should read: In these 3 books, a teenage girl helps to solve mysteries with the odd boy (practically a teen Sherlock Holmes) that she has befriended.

Check it out here!

4. "Made For You" by Melissa Marr

Why you should read: A teenage girl awakes in the hospital with a new power and must use it to stop a killer.

Check it out here!

5. "With Malice" by Eileen Cook

Why you should read: While on her senior trip in Italy, a girl is in a terrible car accident but then begins to realize maybe it wasn't an accident after all.

Check it out here!

6. "People Like Us" by Dana Mele

Why you should read: Set at a boarding school, one girl winds up dead and another must deal with the messages she left behind for her.

Check it out here!

7. "Little Monsters" by Kara Thomas

Why you should read: Everyone starts pointing fingers at the new girl after one of her friends doesn't make it home one night.

Check it out here!

8. "The Best Lies" by Sarah Lyu

Why you should read: One girl thought her life was perfect until her boyfriend is shot by her best friend, and she has to figure out why.

Check it out here!

9. "Redemption Prep" by Samuel Miller

Why you should read: At a mysterious boarding school, the "it" girl goes missing, and a few students try to find her while also uncovering the secrets of their school.

Check it out here!

10. "Clown in a Cornfield" by Adam Cesare

Why you should read: A bunch of dangerous clowns attack the teenagers of a small town.

Check it out here!

11. "I Killed Zoe Spanos" by Kit Frick

Why you should read: After moving to a new town to nanny for the summer, a young woman is entangled in the case of a missing girl who looks eerily similar to her.

Check it out here!

12. "This is Our Story" by Ashley Elston

Why you should read: 5 boys go hunting and only 4 come back, so it's up to one girl to figure out what happened.

Check it out here!

13. "All of This is True" by Lygia Day Penaflor

Why you should read: A group of friends become close with their favorite author, and she shares their secrets with the world.

Check it out here!