It's that time of year again when Halloween is right around the corner. There are countless TV shows and movies to watch to put you in the holiday spirit, but there's also plenty of books too.
My list of 13 (because what number is creepier?) books is full of puzzling mysteries to set you on edge or suspenseful thrillers that will keep your eyes glued to the page and are perfect fits for all your spooky needs.
Lastly, they are from the Young Adult genre because that is what I predominantly read, but they're good enough stories that people of all ages can enjoy them.
1. "Two Can Keep a Secret" by Karen M. McManus
Why you should read: It's about a girl moving to a mysterious town to live with her aunt where everyone seems to be keeping secrets, and people are starting to go missing.
2. "We Were Liars" by E. Lockhart
Why you should read: As you can tell from the title, this story is full of lots of secrets and lies, and as they unravel, a group of friends' lives as they know it will unravel too.
3. "Trouble" trilogy by Stephanie Tromly
4. "Made For You" by Melissa Marr
5. "With Malice" by Eileen Cook
6. "People Like Us" by Dana Mele
7. "Little Monsters" by Kara Thomas
Why you should read: Everyone starts pointing fingers at the new girl after one of her friends doesn't make it home one night.
8. "The Best Lies" by Sarah Lyu
9. "Redemption Prep" by Samuel Miller
Why you should read: At a mysterious boarding school, the "it" girl goes missing, and a few students try to find her while also uncovering the secrets of their school.
10. "Clown in a Cornfield" by Adam Cesare
11. "I Killed Zoe Spanos" by Kit Frick
12. "This is Our Story" by Ashley Elston
13. "All of This is True" by Lygia Day Penaflor
Why you should read: A group of friends become close with their favorite author, and she shares their secrets with the world.