Learn to Love Yourself

Perfect Girls Ain't Real

About Admitting the Lie and Loving Who You Are

124
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-wearing-white-sleeveless-lace-shirt-935985/

"Doesn't take much to lose yourself" -TLC

Now I know that all women have at one point or another seen another woman whether on television, on social media, or even in real life and thought, "I wish I looked like her. She is perfect."

Take it from me, as a fellow woman, this feeling-- this voice is REAL. REAL nagging. REAL overwhelming. It hurts when it keeps you awake at night. When you see another girl, it will compare you to her. It does not go away until something happens that pushes it into a temporary bout of silence, and even then it whispers, "You're not enough. You're not worthy."

But why?! Why should women be subjected to feeling like that? Why is it so important that all women follow this imposed standard of beauty that changes every few months? Learn to love yourself.

We go through so much from the moment we are born in an attempt to be perfect.

We are taught how to sit, how to eat, speak, sleep, and what is unattractive to the opposite sex. Yet too often we are not taught how to just be happy with ourselves because there will always be someone to impress and prove ourselves to.

A quirky giggle, maybe a face full of freckles, or maybe the darkness of your black skin, or the way your hair curls and coils in all different directions, or even the way the corners of your mouth rise when you smile... all are just a few reasons to love yourself more and not adhere to the hate that is projected on you. The only voice that should matter is your own.

Learn to love yourself. Too many women are subjugated to body shaming and live their lives believing they will never be loved if they don't have a 36-24-46.

Baby girl, you are beautiful inside and out! Our mothers are "supposed" to be that example of a perfect woman, but too often they too don't feel enough or worthy, and the sad part is we notice this self-hate.

Return the favor and tell her she is beautiful, and then tell yourself you are beautiful. The problem is that still too few do not see that we are each individually unique and beautiful.

And you know something? That is okay because your life is meant to be lived for you. You, as a woman, are not meant to conform to society's idea of a perfect woman. Stop this disgusting assumption, today! Love who you are as you are. Look in the mirror and smile and tell yourself you love yourself each morning. Share this love with other women.

We as women need to admit that none of us are perfect and practice better self-care and re-learn how to love ourselves. Learn what makes you happy, not how someone can give you happiness. Build your own pride up and strut! You do not have to do things for yourself to be like the women you see on social media and on television, and even in a school classroom. Be real with yourself love and see the lie. Nothing and no one in this world is perfect because...

"Perfect girls ain't real...
They hide who they are inside
Perfect girls ain't real
They live a lie... but...
It's always on your mind
'Cause you're online all the time
Know that perfect girls ain't real
Gotta learn to love yourself
Gotta learn to love yourself
Inside and out."