7 Pep Talks For Every Day Of A Rough Week

Everyone needs a pick me up every now and again!

314
Jazmin Quaynor

Some weeks we wake up knowing that life is going to be a mess, nothing is going to go our way, and the world itself just might end. It's alright, friend! We all have those weeks. Here are seven days worth of encouragements to get you through your worst of days:

1. Monday

Nobody likes Mondays. It's the beginning of a new week, which means the weekend is over. But you're looking at it all wrong. Change your mindset. It's the beginning of a new week, which means that last week is behind you and you're on to new adventures! It's a brand new day and you have seven full days to look forward to. Seven blank canvases to paint your story upon. So what are you waiting for? Go paint a beautiful day.

2. Tuesday

You're really in the slog of it now. The week is stretching before you and you just don't want to go to work and do your schoolwork, and heaven forbid you have to clean something. Take a moment to breathe. You're looking at the negative. When you focus on the bad stuff everything turns into the bad stuff. Instead turn your attention to the good bits. Maybe you have an event that you're excited about, maybe you're meeting a friend for coffee, or maybe you are going to start that exciting project you've been thinking about. Whatever it is, find that positivity and grip onto it with all of your life force. Let the good think pull you through your days instead of being chained down by the chores in life.

3. Wednesday

Oh, hump day. Not quite to the weekend and not close enough to it to be excited. This is a one to reflect. Look back at Monday and Tuesday. Did you do something you enjoyed? Anything? Sure you think that it's been all doom and gloom. But remember grabbing a meal from your favorite restaurant and curling up in bed on your phone. You enjoyed that did you not? Sure it's not the big things but isn't that would everyone has been screaming at you practically since birth. It is the little things, my dear.

4. Thursday

So it's been an awful week. Just terrible. The worst. You feel like you can't exist another blasted minute. But... you can. That's right, I said it. You can. If the day seems long then set yourself rewards in increments throughout your day. You want to browse your favorite social media site. Read five more textbook pages and you can. You want to go out with friends tomorrow night. Set yourself a goal to accomplish and reward yourself with the things you want to do. Sure, life is full of tasks that we'd rather ignore. But if you turn it into a reward system you will feel as though your getting out of life what you put in.

5. Friday

You're nearly there. Your terrible week will soon be coming to a close, just three more days. You can do it. By creating negativity in your life you are influencing the problems that do exist. Embrace the good and except the bad for what it is. Not the end of the world but a challenge that you have to face. Changing your perspective will make all the difference, trust me.

6. Saturday

Today take some time to remember all of your worst moments and most difficult problems. No, I am not trying to bring on shame and fear of past events. Instead, reimagine how you handled those events and decide how you could have handled them better. Better yet, determine if moments in your past have been reflected in your future. The solution to a particularly difficult problem you are facing might be right there, waiting to be uncovered in the dust of your memories.

7. Sunday

24 hours left. That's nothing. You just took on an entire six days that were rough. One more day is cake. You've got this all under control. Today I want you to thank yourself for being the amazing human that you are. Reward yourself for working your butt off and getting through a miserable week. You are strong and determined. If you can take on your worst week with your head held high then you can handle whatever is to come.

We all have bad days, bad weeks, and sometimes even bad months. Hopefully, these words of encouragement were enough to at the very least make you consider how you can change your mindset and take on your bad weeks one day at a time.