People's Timelines Are Freaking Me Out!

People's Timelines Are Freaking Me Out

And I'm learning to live by my own

27
People's Timelines Are Freaking Me Out
https://www.instagram.com/p/Brkw_UoH9yu/

As I get older and not much older, it is very easy to start comparing your life to those around you. I'm talking about the people near your own age.

I have yet to experience a lot, so it is unimaginable to me at the point where I am at, to be ready to settle, have the job of my life, and have a permanent significant other.

I respect others that live their lives however they choose, but it makes me sit and think if I am somehow...falling behind? I never liked being behind in class or life. I made sure to catch up and be on top of my game. But life isn't a game and it is MY life. It is my own experience. So, how is it fair that I put all this pressure on myself to achieve what everyone else is "achieving." I use that word lightly because achievements can be interpreted differently.

Overall there are people finding their passions and going after them. I've met people my age that have traveled the world, highly experienced in a lot, have had like 30 boyfriends, live on their own, and know exactly what they want. I just want to know their secrets! HOW? WHY?

My upbringing, my culture, and just my personality, in general, have made me a master in thinking before doing anything. I get so stuck in thinking that I'm scared that I'm not doing enough. But, in the end, I have to remind myself that I only doubt myself, because of other people. I am happy where I am. I live at my own pace. My focus just happens to be on myself at the moment and who I'm becoming. I have many aspirations, but I like to take it day by day.

With that in mind, I think it is possible that others also live day by day. They don't plan this. And this is my point. No one plans out life. It is something full of the unexpected. And so, it's okay to not know what tomorrow brings or what you want for tomorrow to bring. Others may discover things more quickly, but it is at the right time that these things are found. Your right time will come soon enough.

So for anyone else doubting their path: Don't. You will get there eventually but to an extent. If you want something to really happen, you have to try and put forth effort for it to occur. Life is a two-way street.

If you see a man selling donuts, and you want those donuts: Go get them! That man is not going to guess you want one (unless you stare creepily...don't do that), anyway, it won't appear in front of you. You have to take steps...even if they are BABY steps...to get where you want to be. And it is definitely okay to rely on those closest to you, to help you get there.

Stay positive. Keep dreaming. Make goals. But most of all, make them your reality!