Advice For The People Without A Plan
Education

To The Ones Who Don't Have It All Planned Out, A Tiny Bit Of Advice For You

Plans change. I'm the walking example of that.

226
Savannah Wallace

If you had asked me two years ago what my plans after high school we're, I would've answered with "I have no idea," and that scared me. I thought I should have this perfect plan in place by my senior year. I thought I would know just the right school for me. I thought I would have my major and minor ready to go. But I didn't. I honestly had no plan at all. Then midway through the semester, I got a scholarship, and I chose my school. OK, great, but what do I do? Well, I love math, so I did the obvious thing, I chose to major in math.

Once I graduated, I was headed to college, ready for the next four years of my life! God was totally laughing at me thinking I had it all planned out myself. Needless to say, I changed schools, AND majors, after one semester. Now get this straight before you think I had no life there. I was a student athlete, had a good bit of friends, and had something to do almost all of the time. It just wasn't the place for me. I also had a really bad math teacher so that kinda killed my vibe for that major...

Moving on, I decided to go to a community college for a semester, and then I would transfer to the University I should have gone to originally. That was my plan now, and I was sure of it. Then my boyfriend decided to join the Marine Corps. Yea, big brick to the face. Anyways, because of that, I knew the community college would be more flexible so I've stayed there for the past two semesters.

My major hasn't changed since that initial change, but a lot of other stuff has. I'll be married and moving to Hawaii in around four months now, and I never had marriage on my plan until after college, let alone Hawaii. That is my point, though. If you know what you want to do for the rest of your life, congratulations, I hope you do great! If you don't, don't give it a second thought. I didn't, and when I finally thought I did, everything just kept changing. It's OK to be unsure, because honestly if you are sure, it may change down the road anyways.

P.S. I do realize how absolutely cringe-worthy my picture is. I apologize.