people walking in and out of your life

People Walk In And Out Of Our Lives, That's Just How It Goes

We walk into many seasons throughout our lifespans, and people are bound to come and go.

553
Dunlap High School Marching Band

As we go through life, people come and go. Sometimes we have a falling out with them. Other times we simply drift away from each other.

Whether purposeful or not, we will come into contact with hundreds if not thousands of people throughout our lifetime. We all have seasons where we need people in our lives and others where we don't. We have no need to feel bad about walking in and out of other people's lives when the same thing happens to us on a regular basis.

Now if you're like me, you probably have a hard time walking away from someone or having someone leave you because you want to make everyone happy. But guess what? You legitimately can never make every single person in your life happy. It's just not going to happen. You're going to have to leave some people, and some people are going to have to leave you. But that's okay! That's just how life works, and there's no need to feel bad about it...no matter how difficult that may be for us people pleasers.

We need to be prepared for the fact that we will have different friends and acquaintances based on the season of life we're in.

What do I mean? Well, I think that we were meant to have certain people in our lives for certain times. Some of them are there for life, but others we only really need for a few months or years.

To give you an example, I had lots of people I was close to in college who I considered some of my best friends. Now that I'm working, I'm not around even half as many people, and I haven't seen those I called my "best friends" for months. Am I upset about that? Not really. I understand that we all have busy lives and that I'm leading quite a different life while most of them are still in school or student teaching. I'm not offended in the least because our lives are on different paths now.

I wish we could prepare better for the eventuality of change of friends. The only times we may really know would be when we literally move away. Otherwise, it's difficult to predict when you or someone else needs to walk away. So I really don't have any perfect advice for you. If I did, I would've shared it in the headline!

This is what I've got for you: Know that eventually, your core group of people will change.

The great thing is you can choose who you really do want to stay in your life, especially if you're marrying that person. I'm not sure if that's any consolation, but I think it's pretty wonderful.

Maybe you've found that person, maybe you haven't. Either way is okay! Though you will have people who will come and go, find those who you know will journey through life without you no matter what.