Here's Something For Every Penn State Freshman To Look Forward To

P.S. I <3 U!

31
Unsplash

For the current incoming Freshman, I know that it is really hard to try and look forward to the future, while being so focused about trying to have your last prom, graduation, etc.- however, here are some things that you can think about to make you excited about college!

Penn State is an amazing university, and feels like home to everyone who visits or attends. For all of you incoming freshmen, here are some of the awesome things to get hype about for your freshman year!

Syllabus Week

Syllabus week will be your very first week of classes. This week will be your lightest workload throughout college, because the professors are introducing the course and literally just going over the syllabus. During this time, it is great to explore the campus (because we all know how big PSU is), and meet new people! Also, you can't forget about the parties every night to welcome the new freshmen!

Football Season! (ESPECIALLY the White Out Game)

Penn State tailgates and football games are like no other -- if you don't believe me, take a look at the PSU Barstool Instagram... it can get pretty wild. Having a great football team like we do is awesome, but the fan base is truly what makes the games like no other. The chants, songs, and environment is like no other sports event you will ever attend.

The best football night of the year is the White Out game! This is our biggest game where we usually play Ohio State or the University of Michigan. This night is known to be the best atmosphere in college football, and we are all lucky enough to get to experience it! Even if you are not a football fan, you should definitely try to go to at least one football game throughout your time here!

Halloweekend

Halloween is always fun because you get to dress up as whatever you want for a night with no judgement. In college, you get to celebrate this holiday for almost the entire week! With many parties, a costume is required, so get creative! No costume is too crazy, so have fun with it!

THON

THON is honestly a once in a lifetime opportunity. For those of you who do not know too much about THON, it is the world's largest student run philanthropy. THON is a 46 hour dance marathon where Penn State students will take a (literal) stand against childhood cancer, and show our Four Diamonds families that no one fights alone.

Great ways to get involved with THON is through Greek life, THON organizations, and THON committees. Penn State fundraises all year long to raise over 10 million dollars for the kids. THON is an amazing way to get involved as a freshman, and I would highly recommend being a part of it!

State Patty's Day

State Patty's is one of the best weekends at Penn State! This made-up holiday is an entire weekend dedicated to celebrating Saint Patrick's Day (except it's usually not even March yet)! Students will flood downtown in all green apparel ready to celebrate all weekend long with friends or family members! This weekend is usually at the very end of February, and is always super fun to partake in.

Blue & White Game

This game takes place during one of the final weekends of the academic year at Penn State. During this game, it is Penn State vs Penn State! The team is split up, one team wearing blue while the other wears white (hence the name). This game is free to all students and visitors! It is an awesome way to get excited for the upcoming football season, and you get to eat the iconic chicken basket one last time before summer!

These are just a couple of things to get ready for when you arrive to Penn State in the fall! There are so many activities that happen on campus, but I just talked about some of my favorites. I hope that while reading about these different things Penn State offers you felt even more excited to attend this amazing school. WE ARE Penn State, and now you are too!

From Your Site Articles