12 PBS Shows All '90s Kids Won't Ever Forget

Grab yourself a juice box and some goldfish, kids.
497

if you're a 90s kid like me chances are that before your addiction to Disney channel and Nickelodeon, there was PBS. Here's a list of 12 great gifts from public television that truly enhanced your childhood:

1. Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Won't you be my neighbor? You and your parents alike adored Mister Rogers and his host of puppet pals.

2. Sesame Street (and Elmo's World)

There are hardly any other child characters more iconic than Elmo, Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, and of course the Cookie Monster.

3. Dragon Tales

I wish, I wish with all my heart to fly with dragons in a land apart.

If this doesn't ring a bell, you really missed out. Dragon Tales was a favorite in my house for sure!

4. Teletubbies

Sure, looking at this show as an adult it's a bit trippy or creepy, but admit it, there was something about these freakish rainbow-colored alien creatures that kept you glued to the TV.

5. Arthur

We learned a lot from Arthur and all thought our siblings were way worse than D.W.

6. Clifford the Big Red Dog

Clifford was the hero that Birdwell Island didn't deserve. Also, don't forget about story time with Speckle!

7. Cyberchase

I still wish math was as exciting as this show. Somehow they were able to make it fun in a way our teachers never could.

8. Caillou

He was a brat but we loved to watch him. Caillou still lives on today as he is now famous for numerous "dank memes."

9. Liberty's Kids

This was truly the best way to learn U.S. history. It made us want to learn.

10. Zoboomafoo

It's just me and you and Zoboomafoooooooo! PBS was probably the only reason you knew what a lemur was before you could write your own name.

11. Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat

Let's just say that you might be a true fan if you're over 20 and still know each cat's name.

12. Barney and Friends

Lastly, the list just wouldn't be complete without this iconic show that gave a start to stars we later watched on Disney channel. If the phrase "I love you, you love me..." doesn't make you tear up a little from memories of childhood, did you really have one?

Viewers like you kept these glorious shows alive, so go ahead and reminisce on the good old days. Grab a juice box and some goldfish and think back to simpler times.