Patiently Waiting With An Impatient Heart

Love will find a way.

47

Being patient. Something everyone has trouble doing. Whether it be waiting for coffee, waiting in line to buy new clothes or waiting to get your oil changed in your car, you can get very impatient. So I think you all know the struggle of being impatient and the thing I feel most impatient about is love.

I have never been in a relationship in my life, let alone kiss a boy. Love and relationships are hard for me. I guess I just have not found a person worth it, or boys were just immature and did not view me as someone they wanted to talk to. High school was rough for me, especially with boys. I am not going to lie boys dodged me left and right. For example, I did not attend prom in either my junior year or senior year because no boy ever wanted to go with me, not even as friends. It could have been because I was on the honor roll all through school , and may have been looked upon as the nerd. I am not a nerd, I just liked school and felt the need to get good grades and do well to make my parents proud. Maybe they thought I was a goody two shoes. I wasn’t they just never tried to find out . It was hard and my self-esteem plummeted.

When it comes to love or relationships and you are forced to wait, it makes you question your self-worth. I would start to question if I was worth it, pretty, a good person or funny; you name it I questioned it. Plus, it did not help that all my friends around me were either talking to a boy or dating one. I started to get down on myself and I started to get very impatient.

To be honest I am a hopeless romantic. I want the kind of love you see in the movies. The true love; it does not need to be extravagant. The love I am talking about is knowing each other’s favorite things, surprising each other with presents, I’m not talking about big things just something as small as a coffee, music or a book just to show you they were listening to you. Going to baseball games together, or just simply doing things together that we love. That is all I ever wanted, I just have not received that. I just want to find someone who makes me feel alive and brand new.

As a college student, it is so hard to see couples around campus it makes you wish that you had something like that. But, when it comes to love we need to be patient no matter how hard it gets. I feel as though if we are patiently waiting, love will come our way and it might even sneak up on us. It can get rough at times but, we need to keep waiting because something beautiful will happen to us eventually. I feel there is someone out there for everyone . We just need to be ourselves and love with find a way into our lives.