An Attendee's Review Of Passion's New "Whole Heart" Album

Digitally-released today, and powerful in the conference or the quiet.

1148
Nicole Elianna

So, I had the opportunity to attend Passion 2018 earlier this year, and it was pretty incredible, especially the worship music. A lot of it is new, and the friend who invited me told me how on the first day, you're actually kind of learning the new songs. By the end of the conference, however, these become songs you've started to get to know.

I say "started," because, with worship songs, I feel like they're like those Everlasting Gobstoppers you used to eat as a kid. As you go along, more begins to stand out to you the more you listen.

God speaks to you through one part of the song while you're at the conference, but you really let the words marinate, you listen to them again, and God speaks to you in different ways as you pass through different phases of life. You can remember the ways God spoke to you when you worshiped Him at the conference, and sometimes you hear different parts as you worship in the quiet places of your own life.

I also got an opportunity to listen to the album a little early and write a review, and I absolutely love it. Needless to say, some of you may have been counting down since the conference, but the day has arrived-- the "Whole Heart" album is finally available! It was released today, and features the following 11 songs:

1. Whole Heart (feat. Kristian Stanfill) (lyrics + chords)

2. Almighty God (feat. Sean Curran) (lyrics + chords)

3. God, You're So Good (feat. Kristian Stanfill) (lyrics + chords)

4. Reckless Love (feat. Melodie Malone) (lyrics + chords)

5. Heaven (feat. Sean Curran) (lyrics)

6. More Like Jesus (feat. Kristian Stanfill) (lyrics)

7. Hallelujah, Our God Reigns (feat. Brett Younker) (lyrics)

8. Ghost (feat. Crowder)

9. Ever Almighty (feat. Melodie Malone) (lyrics)

10. Great Are You Lord (feat. Matt Redman) (lyrics)

11. All My Hope (feat. Crowder & Tauren Wells) (lyrics)

The theme surrounding the album is, as Kristian Stanfill from Passion put it "a deeper devotion and discipleship to Jesus." It features the Passion Band (also including Brett Younker, Melodie Malone, and Sean Curran) and some of the conference's guest artists (Crowder, Matt Redman, Tauren Wells), and the songs are live - so in the background, there are over 30,000 students worshiping alongside the artists.

I really like looking along at the lyrics of songs, and since I was able to find all of them online except for "Ghost", I sat down and really listened to its words-- and I think it might be my new favorite right now. At the conference, it was "Whole Heart," but the powerfulness of the words in "Ghost" is really resonating with me at present.

A lot of my friends that attended the conference with me loved "God, You're So Good," and really, all of them are great. These are songs I'm going to end up singing throughout the day, and not even minding when they get stuck in my head.

So whether you buy this album to listen to the songs again, or to hear them for the first time, it's a great way to bring the worship from Passion into your house, your car, your friend group, wherever. Passion was amazing, and it's cool to be able to kind of "relive" that experience through the music.

However, our God is far from stagnant; he continues to work and move in our lives even as we disperse from the experience of the conference. Isaiah 43:19 says, "Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?" These songs remind me incredibly great our God is, and how he truly deserves my whole heart in worship.

(P.S. Snatch your own digital copy, available through iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Music and more, here through the Passion Music site!)