Friendships should be a priority

I don't think people understand that you can forgive a person and not allow them back into your life. That is possible, very possible…

We talked nearly every day about everything under the sun; you were the person I could turn to without judgment and I couldn't go a day without hanging with you…until you made it very clear that I no longer mattered to you. Friendships end just as easy as they start but I never stopped to think about the "friends" that just come in and out of your life like a revolving door. The "friends" that make plans with you and bail and subsequently ignore you for a week after.

Or the "friends" that completely don't invite you to social gatherings as though you never knew them. I could handle someone walking out of my life — hell, I think it even makes me a better person, but I don't deserve for you to walk into my life and leave like I don't matter.

"I have a love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and a rage of which you would not believe. If I can't satisfy one, ill indulge in the other." — Mary Shelley

To my part-time "friend": step up or step out! As adults we make conscious decisions to be present in someone's life. You can be busy and still be present. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to pick up the phone to call you, or how many times I went to tag you in the funniest memes or even prepare the plans we made until I realized can't do it anymore. I cannot continue to be someone's downtime, spare time, part time or sometimes when I make them my "all the time."

I can no longer make our friendship a priority when it is very clear that it is about convenience for you. So, I'm letting you go. I'm letting go of the hurt feelings, the nights spent waiting up on you, the disingenuous chats and the continuous letdowns. Time decides who you meet in your life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behavior decides who stays in your life.