Parson James and His Take on Writing in Quarantine

Quarantine has impacted the lives of everyone very differently and Parson James explains how his life as a musical artist has been impacted.

29
Photo from In2une Music

As a 22 year old guy in Indianapolis, quarantine didn't impact me too much. I had to work from home and obviously couldn't see my friends that much but it gave me a lot of time to try new things, and focus on my career. I'm sure my dogs loved it because I ended up taking them on walks four or five times a week.

Parson James is an extremely talented musical genius. You will know him from his masterpiece created in 2015 called "Stole the Show" which was also later remixed by Kygo. Parson had a similar experience physically. He spent time in quarantine focusing on his career and writing style as well. I spoke with him recently about how quarantine impacted his life and his answers blew me away and seemed very different from other artists. He said during quarantine he learned to be able to just be with himself and say no to the constant need of being around people. He took time to focus on himself and write new music such as his brand new song, "High Tide, Low Tide."

His new single was written during quarantine and not only is it extremely catchy but it has a strong message behind it everyone should hear. The lyrics discuss how putting others first all the time can be dangerous and how you need to remember to focus on yourself and your own health. The quarantine time period taught him this lesson clear as day with relationships he's had and new relationships he's found and he's able to express that message in his lyrics such as, "my empathy is killing me," "you always pull me closer right before you push me away," and more.

Parson is extremely excited about his new mindset he's found during quarantine and the new projects he's working on. He can't wait to share them with the world so make sure you're looking out so you're not missing out. His new single "High Tide, Low Tide" is out now and you can stream it wherever and watch the new video HERE

Jackson Ammons on Instagram

Jackson Ammons on Twitter