5 :Life Lessons From 'Parks and Rec'

5 Life Lessons From 'Parks and Rec'

"Spread your wings and fly"

22
5 Life Lessons From 'Parks and Rec'

Even though the classic NBC show may have ended in 2015, "Parks and Reaction" continues to inspire viewers each day with the perfect mix of humor and heartfelt moments. In the end, we all unknowingly bonded from learning about the importance of dedication, friendship, perseverance, and how great Li'l Sebastian truly was.

There's nothing wrong with owning your greatness

Tenor

While video-chatting with Ben, Leslie begins to show him her wall of individuals who inspire her...including a picture of her own self. Don't be afraid to acknowledge your accomplishments and hard work, be proud of how far you've come and use that to inspire you to be even better than you are now.

Give yourself a break

Tom and Donna said it best. Throughout our chaotic jumble of a life, it can be easy to get caught up in the commotion and forget to take some time to relax and recharge. "Treating 'Yo Self" doesn't have to be in the form of maxing out your credit card on expensive items, but instead take a nice bath, do a face mask, read a book you like, or just give yourself that mental break. Or even if you DO want to go big and extravagant, set some limits for yourself and don't confuse self care with bad habits.

Always try your best 

Tenor

There will come times where the future is very unclear, times where it may just feel like you are in a limbo of not knowing where you are heading. However, no matter what may present itself in front of you, conquer it to the best of your abilities and you will come out okay on the other side. It's okay to not know what lies ahead, all that matters is keeping an optimistic mindset even in the darkest of moments, be the light even when nothing else seems clear.

Don't bite off more than you can chew

if you're anything like me and find yourself juggling multiple overwhelming tasks at once, then this one is for you. Prioritize your goals and remember that it is more about quality than quantity. Sure you may have a lot of finished jobs under your belt, but chances are, the more you stretch yourself thin, the more your work will suffer. Dedicate yourself to certain projects that you actually care about and can accomplish successfully rather than taking on a hundred different side ideas and executing them poorly.

You get what you give 

Buzzfeed

We all know the drag of having to do things we don't necessarily want to. Whether it be having to work overtime or studying for a final, it can be easy to have a "whatever happens, happens" mentality and do more harm than good. If you challenge yourself to complete a task little by little instead of all at once, you are already better than if you had not done it at all. Focus on the outcome and how good you will feel knowing that you accomplished something. That overtime shift will give you some extra cash and studying for that final will help you do good in a class. The more effort you put into things, the better the outcome, so remember that the next time you think about simply "coasting by" without doing your fair share of work.