Paradiso 2017: "Where Digital Meets Nature"

Is it time to go back yet?

15
Brianna McBroom

Your WCW spent three days at a sold-out festival in 90-degree weather wearing too much glitter and headbanging a little too hard...

It's me, I'm your WCW.

That's right, Paradiso was this past weekend at the beautiful Gorge Amphitheater. It was absolutely incredible.

Each year, the United States of Consciousness (USC) Events outdoes themselves. The lineups get better and better, and that was definitely the case this year.

The lineup was stacked with amazing names like Porter Robinson, Alan Walker, Troyboi, Tiesto, Slander, Ookay, Marshmello, Zeds Dead, Boombox Cartel, and more.

Each artist brought their A-game this year and the sold-out crowd was not disappointed.

GRiZ set the scene with his amazing saxophone skills, while simultaneously lighting up the sky with beautiful visuals.

Porter Robinson had basically the entire venue in tears because how can you not get emotional to Porter Robinson.

Tiesto, Gammer, and Zomboy closed out the festival and no matter who you chose to see there was not a bad choice.

Whether you spent Paradiso at the main stage, digital oasis, or wreckage stage, there was a place for everyone.

Paradiso is an annual EDM festival that has been held every June for the past six years. The tagline of Paradiso is, "Where Digital Meets Nature." I couldn't put it any better.

The Gorge is one of the most beautiful venues on the planet, in my humble opinion. It is located in George, Wash., and overlooks the Columbia River.

When you combine a view like that with music, especially your favorite music, it turns into something more than just a concert or a venue. It becomes an experience.

USC Events explains it best: "Every year, we collectively leave behind the worries and stresses of our everyday lives as we embark on a journey through Paradise."

EDM is not just a music genre, it is a movement. The vibes that you experience when you are at Paradiso are unmatched.

Everyone is happy, everyone is accepting. You don't care what people look like or what people are wearing. It is a safe place.

For two days out of the year, people can gather and forget about their troubles and enjoy a weekend listening to the music that they love.

It is truly a magical experience.

Don't be sad it is over, smile because Paradiso 2018 is in one short year!