Pantone Announced Color Of The Year

Pantone Announced Color Of The Year

Find out what color Pantone used to describe 2017

12
Pantone Announced Color Of The Year
Flickr

If you were asked to describe the year in one word, you would probably find that as an easy task. But what if you were asked to describe the year in one color? Could you do it? Possibly, with some thought. Still the second question is a bit more tough than the first. For Pantone, the second question is not too challenging to answer, especially because of their latest announcement revealing the color of 2017. Their answer is Greenery.

On the Pantone website, they describe what this color means.

“Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate.”

“Greenery is nature’s neutral. The more submerged people are in modern life, the greater their innate craving to immerse themselves in the physical beauty and inherent unity of the natural world. This shift is reflected by the proliferation of all things expressive of Greenery in daily lives through urban planning, architecture, lifestyle and design choices globally. A constant on the periphery, Greenery is now being pulled to the forefront - it is an omnipresent hue around the world.”

“A life-affirming shade, Greenery is also emblematic of the pursuit of personal passions and vitality.”

Pantone has been selecting the color of the year for years now. Do not remember some of the past colors of the year? Here they are!

2016: Rose Quartz & Serenity

Both of these colors were meant to represent gender fluidity as there has been a gender blur when it comes to fashion. Rose Quartz and Serenity are also to possess order and peace.

2015: Marsala

This color gives a sense of rich fullness and earthiness and is altogether stylish.

2014: Radiant Orchid

This color is meant to inspire through all sorts of aspects; fashion, beauty, and interior.

2013: Emerald

This is the color that is seen more through nature and is a brilliant color that screams sophistication.

2012: Tangerine

A color that is electrifying with energy.

2011: Honeysuckle

This pink shade is meant to spark feelings of summertime in an optimistic way.

2010: Turquoise

The scent of tropical air and the sense of the water is palpable through this color.

2009: Mimosa

A warming and cheerful color that stands for innovation, imagination, and hope.

2008: Blue Iris

A deep and magical blue.

2007: Chili Pepper

This color is passionate, daring, bold, dramatic, and eye-catching.

To see more past colors Pantone has coined color of the year, check out their website.