Panic! At The Disco Announces Breakup After 19 Years

Band Makes Breakup Announcement Official: 'Will Be No More'

17149
panic at the disco

It's the end of an era. Originally formed in 2004 by friends in Las Vegas, Panic! At The Disco is no more.

Brendon Urie announced on Instagram that the band will be coming to an end after the upcoming Europe tour. He said that he and his wife are expecting a baby, and the life change weighed heavily in his mind to come to this decision. "Sometimes a journey must end for a new one to begin," he said.

Previous departures from the band occurred in 2006, 2009 and 2015. Urie was the last man standing from the original group.

Before the official end, Panic! At The Disco is set to play in the following European cities in February and March: Vienna, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Paris, Glasgow, Birmingham, London, and Manchester.

The band was known for hits like I Write Sins Not Tragedies, Death of a Bachelor, and High Hopes.

Here's how the announcement hit the world:

Why Did The Band Disband?

Brendon Urie cites the life change of becoming a father as a primary reason for disbanding Panic! At The Disco.

Will The 2023 Europe Tour Go On?

Yes, the band says that it is "looking forward to seeing everyone in Europe and the UK for one last run together." So the show will go on in February and March in Europe.

When Was Panic! At The Disco Founded?

Panic! At The Disco was born in 2004, made up of childhood friends Brendon Urie, Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith, and Brent Wilson. They recorded their first demos while in high school. -last.fm