Why You Should Have Some Pagan Pride

Why You Should Have Some Pagan Pride

Even if you aren't Pagan.

10

Hello dear reader, my name is Cheyanna Ball and I am new here. I could have done my first article as an introduction but there is a super awesome event coming up in a few months, I want to make sure that everyone knows about it ahead of time because I think everyone regardless of religion should go. I am taking about Cleveland Pagan Pride people!

So you probably have no idea what I am taking about but if you do find me there and I will high five you. Seriously I may even hug you if ask really nicely. So for those of you who don't know what I am taking about let me tell you.

Every year right here in the Cleveland Area there is an event called Cleveland Pagan Pride Days. This year it is on August 27th from 12:00-10:00 PM and 28th from 12:00-6:00 PM at 730 Broadway Avenue, Bedford, Ohio. It is a free event but if you do go please bring 2 non-perishable food items to be donated to the South East Clergy food bank. Which should be easy because I know there is easily 10 cans in my cupboard that are never going to get eaten by people in my house.

You know what it is now but, this still leaves you with the question of why you should go, right? Well let me tell you, events like this in the Pagan Community are really rare, so this event is one of very few in the country and the only community-wide event I know of in Ohio. It could be your only opportunity to be exposed to Pagan culture in an environment that is highly focused on educating people about Pagan faiths.

A second reason you should go is the vendors. The vendors are unbelievably cool, not only do they have your average Pagan fair from semi precious stones to herbs to books to homeopathic medicine, these vendors have crazy awesome clothes, jewelry, hand crafted goods, tea, books, artwork, candles, and so so much more.

Thirdly, it is free! The event is free (aside from the Zombie walk Friday which we will get to in a minute). It is free entertainment and education. Even the vendors goods are really reasonably priced and buying things from them means you are supporting small local businesses which is so important!! This event showcases small businesses from so many communities across Ohio that are only in the same place once a year! This is a family friendly events with activities for all ages. The entertainment is family friendly and unlike anything you will see anywhere else!

Finally, it gives you a chance to learn about the Pagan community. We are a very misunderstood community and there is a lot of misinformation about us. So what better way to sort out what is truth and what is rumor by interacting with us. Everyone there is super friendly and people like me get all decked out in our fancy fancy costumes so if nothing else you can be entertained by the eccentric dress.

So this last thing I want to talk to you about in the event happening the Friday before. So on Friday the 26th there is the Zombie Walk Fundraiser (and Zombie Karaoke) from 6:00-10:00 PM. Now this event does cost five dollars, but that money get split between Crossroads Universal and Southeast Clergy Food Bank. So if you have the cash to spare I highly encourage you to go to Bedford and participate, because it will be super fun and you get to dress up like a zombie so why not do it. No matter what day you go, go and have fun make memories! End summer with a bang!

(For more information about vendors, entertainment, workshops, rituals or anything about Pagan Pride visit http://www.clevelandpaganpride.org.)