21 Essentials Every Girl Needs In Her Beach Bag

Here's what you should pack for a great beach day.
21

Summer is now in full swing.

With high schools wrapping up within the next week or so and colleges already out, it makes for an interesting mix of people you see chasing waves. In my experience, I always seem to forget something that would have made my experience even better, so here is a list of possible things that you may want in your backpack in order to have the best beach experience you can.

1. Swimsuit

Who wouldn't want to get their feet a little wet, and maybe jump off the pier?

2. Clothes

Have something to change into in case it gets cold, or for the ride home to keep the seat dry. It'll keep you more comfortable.

3. Speaker

Tan to the tunes and relax as the day goes on.

4. Sunglasses

It's better to be able to see the beauty that exists in the world without the excessive glare from the sun.

5. Sunscreen

Make sure to apply - and reapply.

6. Towel

Use it for laying out, drying off, or both.

7. Hat

Keep the sun off your face and out of your eyes.

8. Blanket

If you're not a towel person, find an old blanket or fitted sheet to put out to keep the sand problem under control.

9. Music

Don't forget to grab your tunes so you can jam out while catching some rays.

10. Hairbrush

You never know what might happen. You could end up with a tangled mess if you're not careful. The brush will be quite handy then.

11. Friends

What's a trip to the beach without some pals to keep things interesting?

12. Food

Pack snacks so you don't have to give up your spot on the sand or in the parking lot, because those are hard to find.

13. Games

Whether it's a Frisbee or ladder toss, there's always something to do to keep busy when you don't feel like lounging around. Maybe even pull out the boogie board and catch a few waves.

14. Camera

Capturing all the laughs in-between the waves and collecting memories to look back on is always fun.

15. Good Attitude

Make sure you want to go before you do. It may be hot and humid, but that's what the water is for!

16. Sandals

I wouldn't recommend wearing anything you're afraid to get wet or sandy. In fact, once you hit the sand, no shoes is the way to go.

17. Cooler

Make sure to have a place to keep your sandwiches and beverages cool while you work up an appetite.

18. Water

Stay hydrated! You don't want to end up passing out or getting a headache from lack of H2O.

19. Backup Sunscreen

Reapply again and again.

20. Aloe

There are always a few spots you miss while rushing to reach the water.

21. Hammock

It could be in the trees lining the boardwalk or along the catwalk on the pier, but taking in the view from a vantage point like one of these can't be beat.

I`ve tested this list a couple of times already, and I have to say it incorporates all the necessary items I've needed. There are always other things to think about (I over pack most of the time because it`s better to be safe than sorry), but this is a great list to get you started on your next summer adventure to the water.