Overwatch's Pink Mercy: Playing For a Cause

Blizzard Entertainment promotes Breast Cancer Awareness with new Charity Skin

273
Blizzard Entertainment

This week, Blizzard Entertainment released a brand new skin for Mercy, one of the heroes you can play as in the popular FPS MOBA "Overwatch". In an effort to promote awareness for Breast Cancer Research, they are offering Pink Mercy, pictured above, for $15. This is a steep price for an Overwatch cosmetic, however every dollar that they raise from each purchase goes directly to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, with a minimum donation of $250,000.

But say you are just looking for a dope skin, so you can carry games in style as an elegant Magical Girl, this is the skin for you. It features a new design for the character and a handful of brand new sound effects that you simply cannot get on other Mercy skins. Beyond the skin and its unique effects, players can simply log into Overwatch between now and May 21 to receive a Breast Cancer Research Foundation exclusive player icon.

Almost everyone has a story about a family member or friend who has been affected by some form of cancer. It is a plague that touches many people, but it is one that we can combat. I urge you, if you have the funds, consider purchasing this awesome cosmetic. If you are in a bit of a financial pinch like me, and may not be able to afford this new skin, please consider sharing this information with your friends who also play Overwatch. The more people that hear about this, the more we can raise donations and awareness.

Find more information on how to purchase this skin here.

In the words of Mercy: HEROES NEVER DIE!