Overcoming Yourself

Overcoming Yourself

It's not easy but this might help.

131
Diana Juliao

This is not an easy article to write. In fact, I have been trying to write it for a few weeks now. You never truly overcome yourself but you overcome that person who was going through those obstacles ... until another obstacle comes.

Then, it turns into this cycle of constantly trying to be greater than those issues. Becoming greater than the person you were, learning how to deal with things differently. Constantly trying to repair yourself and gearing up for the next war. The lifelong war you will be facing with yourself.

I write to you while I am in the midst of overcoming myself, who I am now and the demons I am faced with at this very moment. These demons are here for nothing but destruction, yet I still feel the need to get a word out. Voice how difficult this is, but how necessary it is in order to survive.

Voice how difficult it is when you feel so lost and have no idea how you even got here and are searching for the tools to get you out of this…this hole. A grave you’ve dug yourself into by not being strong enough from the previous battle to pull yourself out. But that is OK.

No one knows all the answers and people can tell you what they think is the best and the best way to handle a trial, but their best way may not be yours. You have to find out for yourself. You need to fall on your face a couple times before you learn how to balance YOURSELF. I cannot speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. This is what I have learned in these few weeks trying to write this article and being stuck only on the title.

1. Accept what is
    1. Accept whatever is going on in the moment, and then strategize.
  2. Come up with a plan
    1. Once you’ve strategized from the “what is”, now it’s time for the “what now?” Come up with a plan that will gear you into your next step.
  3. ACT on it
    1. Follow through with your plan, whatever and however you came up with it, follow it. Because you know yourself best. You know what works for you and that’s the plan that you have come up with.
  4. LEARN from it
    1. Learn from what you’re teaching yourself. Express yourself when coming up with a plan and how you feel, how you felt in the midst of chaos.
  5. APPLY it and STICK with it
    1. Use your tools for the next war that may come and though they may be different strategies, you’re learning how to get out of the battle ALIVE.
  6. Brace yourself
    1. It’s not over. It will never be over, but only you can change that. You can change your reaction, which changes the outcome.

Through every hard time we go through, we learn something from it and that something is what you need to take with you to the next battle. You’re not weak. You’re a survivor, a victor.

Act like it.

Do what is needed in order to SURVIVE.