"Outer Banks" Characters As Your Stereotypical People In Quarantine

Mask up and patiently await season two of one of the greatest shows...Outer Banks.

582
Sarah and John B

If you haven't watched "Outer Banks" on Netflix yet, stop what you are doing and get. on. it.

Outer Banks boysOuter Banks Hello GIF by NETFLIXGiphy

It's 10 thrilling episodes of teenagers searching for missing treasure, running from cops, navigating relationships and having the summer of a lifetime. I suggest it to anyone 13 and up! I watched it once by myself and a second time with my whole family. Truly, anyone can watch it. Once you become invested and start predicting season two like me, come back and picture what the show would be like during the coronavirus.

Could you even imagine "Outer Banks" taking place during COVID-19?! What's OBX without daily fishing, boating, searching for The Royal Merchant, and scheming?? Coronavirus would certainly put an end to all of that. They'd find new ways to sneak around town. For real this time, there'd be no pogue on pogue macking. I'll break down each character's personality when it comes to dealing with the worldwide pandemic.

Outer BanksOuter Banks Fun GIF by NETFLIXGiphy

John B

He wouldn't let this whole global pandemic thing get in the way of finding the Royal Merchant. In fact, John B will probably take this to his advantage with fewer people and tourists out and around. Maybe Child Protective Services (CPS) will cause him more stress since school is online and he has to spend so much more time at home than he would normally. But, John B can work his way through it to avoid foster care. It'll only become an issue if he ends up in the hospital with COVID-19, so he does everything he can to stay healthy and avoid catching the virus.

JJ

JJ and Kiara

JJ and Kiara

Tumblr

Oh he'd totally poo poo the idea of coronavirus because they're all young and #YOLO. Maybe he'd just avoid the whole situation by living out on a boat fishing all day every day. He certainly knows it's not safe to be at home with his abusive father. But, JJ would 100% show his soft side and start wearing a mask if he had to go into town near people, or once someone he cares for contracts the virus.

Pope

He would continue to remind the squad how dangerous the virus is and would constantly wear a mask until JJ rips it off of him jokingly. Oh, and he's even more worried about his scholarship interview since he doesn't even know if he'll even be able to go to college in-person in the fall anyways. I can't even imagine the stress Pope would put on himself if he had to take college classes from home. Think about all of the distractions his fellow pogues would cause!

Kiara

KiaraOuter Banks Ugh GIF by NETFLIXGiphy

It's no secret that Kiara loves to take care of the earth...queue her line from the first episode, "We only have one earth, Pope, we should be giving it 100%. Bare minimum." Considering she cares so much for the world and everyone living on it, she'd take the coronavirus seriously. Kiara would wear a "we're all in this together" mask to spread the word, advocate on social media and encourage everyone to wear masks, too.

Sarah

Sarah CameronSaluting Outer Banks GIF by NETFLIXGiphy

She'd have a big change of heart just like her drastic character development in the show. Sarah would start by complaining about the whole situation, and then she'd realize how dangerous everything really is. Just like her desire to save the mice from the birds after the hurricane, Sarah would be one to pass out masks and water to people throughout the OBX. But, most importantly, would she be with John B if COVID-19 caused a bigger divide between the kooks and pogues?!

Topper

We all know the ultimate kook Topper would act like he was invincible and safe from the virus. As if kooks lived in a safe bubble or something. If they can have power from expensive generators after a hurricane, they can have top safety equipment available too. He'd use that to his advantage and live in a maskless bubble of kooks...avoiding the pogues like there's no tomorrow.

Sheriff Peterkin

Sheriff Peterkin

Sheriff Peterkin

She's over here just trying to keep some order in the OBX. You can count on Sheriff Peterkin to install hand sanitizer at each of the docks, enforce mask-wearing and try to keep everyone civil.

Rafe

Rafe

Rafe

Honestly, Rafe is probably most likely to actually get coronavirus from the parties he throws and random people he visits. Maybe he'd test positive but asymptomatic...then the symptoms would hit him like a truck a few days later. Karma...I guess?

Part of the cast quarantined together IRL for the first few weeks of coronavirus, so maybe Netflix could just create a montage of tomfoolery videos of the cast living together in LA while we patiently await season two?? Meanwhile, let's just continue to imagine how the pogues and kooks would behave if Outer Banks revolved around coronavirus.