To Our Senior Eagles, We'll Miss You

To Our Senior Eagles, We'll Miss You

It's time to say goodbye to the best years.

258
To Our Senior Eagles, We'll Miss You
Instagram

To our seniors,

The time is here. For some it’s a happy time. For some it’s a sad time. But for most of you, it’s a little bit of both. I can’t imagine being done at Georgia Southern. Just the past two years here have been some of the best of my life and a lot of you have played a huge role in that. Going all the way back to my first few days here and becoming a part of the best sorority on row, to meeting all of my best gals down Greek row, to every human in the School of Music, this placed has blessed me with the most amazing people.

For all of us who are still here and have some time left, it’s so sad to see that you’re taking your grad pics and you’re so happy to move on to the next stage of your life, but we get it. We’ll be that way too. There’s just so many good times and memories that we want to keep reliving with you and that time is over. There won’t be any more late night runs to parkers or late night jam sessions riding down a dirt road that we’ve been down probably over 100 times. There won’t be anymore weeks that we are so tired because we’ve tried to balance school, work, social life, and everything else in the world.

Now it’s time to grow up, and while that might scare some of you, we know you can do it.

Through being our best friends and role models you have shown us what it means to learn from your mistakes and role with the punches. We have learned so much through you and we can never thank you enough.

I think we can all agree that leaving high school is one thing, but leaving college is a whole different story. These are the people that have shaped you and molded you. They mean more than anyone ever has because they’ve seen you at all times: at your absolute worst and absolute best. These are the people that have truly changed your life. They’ve grown with you. When you think of these people you think of who will be at your wedding and who will still get lunch with you when you’re 35 and have kids.

It’s crazy, isn’t it? How time flies by so fast. And because of that, we have to soak in every moment. I know you’ve heard that a lot, but it’s so true. I know that it feels like only yesterday that you were walking onto Georgia Southern for the first time and wondering how in the world the next four years of your life would play out. And I guess, now you know. It’s crazy and so beautiful.

So, as this year comes to a close, I know that I can speak for a ton of people when I say that we will miss you. So extremely much. But it’s your time now, to show the world what you have to offer it and show us the kind of people that we know you always have been. We love you and can’t wait to see you kill it.