OUAT: Thoughts On Season 6 And Theories For Season 7

After that season finale, I'm ready for what's next.

73
BuddyTV

OKAY DID ANYONE ELSE WATCH THIS ON SUNDAY? BECAUSE I DID AND IT RIPPED OUT MY HEART, SQUEEZED IT A LOT, AND THEN VIOLENTLY SHOVED IT BACK INTO MY CHEST.

If you haven't watched it yet, THERE ARE SPOILERS AHEAD.

CLICK OUT NOW.

Seriously, don't keep reading.

You have been warned.

SO. I was really good about not crying until the very end when Snow felt the need to drop the bomb of a monologue on me about "being together" and "happy beginnings" and they played all the clips of them all living normal, happy lives with their happy endings and I LOST IT. Then I started to think about how Belle, Zelena, Young Henry, Emma, Snow, and Charming weren't coming back in the following seasons. Then Robin Hood popped back, WITH A RING nonetheless, and I cried ever harder. Overall, it was a great season finale in my humble opinion. I was worried the closer we came to the end of it all. There had been so many rumors of people not being signed on for the following season, and for a while, we didn't even know if we were getting a seventh season, so while I was watching the musical special, I had a hard time enjoying it because there were just so many questions swirling around that I was worried about was going to come next.

Eddie and Adam didn't disappoint. They managed to make me feel every emotion possible, to the highest degree during that finale. Everything got wrapped up quite nicely. Emma and Hook were reunited (after they tried to fake us out with her death). Snow and Charming had Neil and were hopeful for their future, as usual. Regina had Henry, and Henry had his book. Gideon was okay and miraculously returned in baby form. Belle and Rumple kissed and made up (literally- and to the tune of Tale as Old as Time.) All was well, and I was happy.

But that would've been too easy, wouldn't it?

*Que the small mysterious girl who carts around a book like our dear Henry's*

The episode started off in the Enchanted Forest many years later, when the whole world was disarray. A father and daughter reside in a small house. The father, whom we are yet to figure out who it is, sends his daughter off to safety in the wake of a terrible evil. He tells her to go, to keep the book safe. Tiger Lily comes in, saying they need to get her and the book to the small girl's mother. There's a lot of vague answers, and a lot more questions. Fast forward, end of the episode, and we start to feel a little bit of deja vu. That same small girl shows up on what appears to be Henry's doorstep... in Seattle. She claims to be his daughter, and as we have heard before, he has no idea who she is. What next?

Personally, I loved the ending and how they brought it full circle back to the original pilot episode. can see how some people would call it a cop out, saying they are just repeating plots. However, I feel that since they are starting with a new cast, leading in with a very similar plot will help keep loyal viewers coming back. Plus, it was just such a great homage to the beginning when they started something wonderful. What does it all mean though? How did we get to this?

THEORY TIME!

So we saw before that Emma was sent to Maine as the result of a curse. Her parents forgot who she was and that she existed and lived in a town where everyone was asleep, unaware of the curse. Henry left the town and went to convince Emma that she could save it. It's the same classic story. Henry and his daughter were put under a curse. I believe that it's because someone didn't like the hope the story in his book was spreading. Henry doesn't remember who he actually is and doesn't remember having a daughter. (Who by the way, is his and Violet's daughter. You can't convince me otherwise.) So we need his daughter to convince him in the same way he convinced Emma, and he can go to the new town created by the new curse and save his family... again. The only real question I have is why and how did he end up in the Enchanted Forest? And did everyone go with him? The villain and the curse will all revealed in due time, so I'm not too concerned with finding out those answers quite yet.

Right now, I'm grieving over the fact that we are losing Snow White, Prince Charming and Emma due to their choices to not renew their contracts. We are also losing Zelena and Belle as the result of "creative decisions." Young Henry is not returning either, but as to whether or not that was his choice I'm unsure.

I am thankful that we are getting a season seven, and after the finale, I trust Adam and Eddie will continue with their genius plot lines. I'm thankful that we've had six years of unending hope, true love, and adventure and will miss the original cast dearly. But like Mary Marget said, "Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing." I think with this show, a happy ending will be the ending, indeed.