11 Things to Do If You're An OSU StudentĀ  For Spring Break

11 Things to Do If You're An OSU Student In Columbus For Spring Break

If you're still in Columbus but don't have classes, it's time to do all of these things that should make your week more fun than just sitting at home.

88
https://pixabay.com/photos/young-woman-girl-umbrella-rain-out-2268348/
Pixabay.com

One of the best parts about spring semester is the fact that we get a week off of classes. Since this is the only, real, long break of the semester, so you really have to make the most of it. Staying in Columbus over spring break is something that a lot of people do, especially when you live off campus. If you're looking for something to do, Columbus has so much to offer, in order to fill up all of your free time.

Make a trip to German Village

The Book Loft is one of my favorite places in Columbus, but since it's not close to campus, I don't have as many opportunities to go to it as I would like to, and all of the free time during spring break gives you the chance to travel to explore a new part of Columbus, or a part that you already love.

Hang out with your friends

While some of your friends might be going home, it's still a good time to catch up with your friends who you haven't gotten to see in a while. You can get together and just hang out in your house or you can go do any of the things on this list.

Treat yourself to your favorite restaurant

Columbus has a lot of great food places. If you have the extra time and don't want to cook, because honestly who does, going out to your favorite restaurant is a good way to treat yourself for making it this far in spring semester.

Go to the Columbus Museum of Art

Columbus is a city that brags about its art scene, and where better to see art than at a museum? If you get DTixs, then the admission is free, no matter what day of the week you go.

Walk outside

Columbus has a lot of really pretty parks, and with a name like "spring break" you hope the week feels like spring. Walking around is a good way to get some exercise during this week while also enjoying something that makes Columbus unique. If you don't want to go to a park, the Olentangy River Trail goes right behind the Towers on campus.

Go to a Blue Jackets game

With all of the OSU sports having a week off, a Blue Jackets game is a good way to get your sport fix in. With all of the OSU sports that there are, the ones of Columbus get overlooked. Especially if it's cold outside, it'll feel like the weather for a hockey game. This is one of those things that I couldn't imagine trying to fit in my normal schedule, but with a week off, time is basically unlimited.

Clean

While this isn't something exciting, or something you could only do in Columbus, it's something that will help the rest of your spring semester go well. All of the things that you've put off because you're too busy during the week can now be addressed and reorganized, so that everything feels cleaner and you're ready to take on the rest of the semester.

Try a new restaurant or style of food

If you've already been to your favorite restaurant and still don't want to cook, go to a new one. There are so many places in Columbus to try, that there's no way you'll struggle to find a new place to eat. I've always wanted to go to the Fox in the Snow Cafe, and with the extra time I have during the day, it's possible to actually, finally go somewhere new.

Homework

While no one actually wants to do homework over spring break, most professors still assign homework just because there is a week off of classes. If you work on this consistently throughout the week instead of saving it for Sunday, your week will be a lot more enjoyable.

Start a new show, or finish an old one

If you want to have a lazy day over break, find a new show to watch. If you pick a new show or finish one you've been working on for a while, then you can say that you've had a more interesting break than the people that will just watch the same shows another time.

Sleep

All college students need more sleep. If you have a weird sleep schedule already, then this can be your chance to finally get a normal sleep schedule. If nothing else, you can try and get the recommended 8-10 hours, even if they aren't totally at normal times.