The best moments at the 2019 Oscars

23 Moments From The 2019 Oscars That Proved We Really Don't Need A Host

No host? No problem.

59
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuSz6uqjE1Y/

I love the Oscars. It always amazes me to see all of those outstanding stars get awarded for their hard work. This last Sunday was the 91st Oscars ever and it was fabulous. Not only was it the first time in years that the Oscars didn't have a host, but they also had so many deserving stars to choose from for each category. If you had to miss this year's Academy Awards, here are the 23 highlights that you need to know about.

1. Queen sang "We Are The Champions" and "We Will Rock You" 

Watching all of the stars sing "We Are The Champions" and "We Will Rock You" was truly the best way to open up the show.

2. Maya Rudolph, Tina Fey, and Amy Poehler's were the opening speech 

In case you were confused they weren't the hosts, they were just on stage A LOT.

4. Regina King won her very first Oscar award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role

As she said in her acceptance speech, God is extremely great and you can do anything through Him.

5. Jennifer Hudson gave an outstanding performance

How did she sing those notes so HIGH?

6. Melissa McCarthy and Brian Tyree Henry's outfits were HILARIOUS

They should've won an Oscar just for their outfits.

8. "Bohemian Rhapsody" won the Oscar for Sound Editing AND Sound Mixing AND Film Editing

What a night it was for the cast and crew of "Bohemian Rhapsody!"

11. Mahershala Ali won his second Oscar ever for Actor in a Supporting Role

He is amazing and is definitely worthy of his TWO Oscars.

12. "Spider-Man: Into The Spider Universe" won Best Animated Feature

Another amazing "Spider-man" movie in the books.

13. Gillian Welch and David Rawlings sung "When A Cowboy Trades His Spurs For Wings"

The Oscar nominated song was sung beautifully by Gillian and David.

14. Awkwafina and John Mulaney's first time at the Oscars and they got to present TWO awards

They were hilarious and told horrible jokes, but they were so funny.

15. The Netflix original "Period. End of Sentence" won Best Documentary Short Subject

"A period should end a sentence, not a girl's education."

16. Paul Rudd showed up to present the Visual Effects Award

He should win an Oscar for looking the same as he did 20 YEARS AGO.

18. "The BlacKkKlansman" won Best Adapted Screenplay

Their speech about Black History month was absolutely AMAZING.

20. Lady Gaga won Best Original Song with her song "Shallow"

Too bad Bradley Cooper didn't follow her on stage this time.

21. Rami Malek won Best Actor In A Leading Role

His first Oscar was much deserved!

22. Olivia Coleman won Best Actress In A Leading Role

One of the most moving speeches of the night.

23. "Green Book" won Best Picture AND Best Original Screenplay

The love and respect poured into this film was more than worthy of the Oscars they won.

Overall, the 2019 Oscars were a success. Now, who's ready for the 2020 Oscars?