9 Simple Ways To Keep Your Planner Organized

Staying organized is key to a successful school year.

714
Pexels.com

With the new school year just around the corner, you're registering for classes, buying school supplies, and preparing for this upcoming semester. The most important thing to do is STAY ORGANIZED. Staying organized is key to a successful school year. When you get unorganized, your life gets unorganized. Whether you're in high school, college, or you work full time, you can use these planner organization tips.

1. Buy a good planner.

Do not be afraid to drop a little bit of money on a good planner. Remember, you get what you pay for.

2. Flip through it before you buy it.

Before you make your purchase, make sure to flip through it and make sure it has everything you want. Personally, I like to have monthly calendars and weekly calendars to make sure I can keep up with everything. You may want a 'notes' section, a 'goals' section, 'reminders', etc. so make sure it contains everything you want before you buy it!

3. Color code it.

I cannot stress this enough. Color coding my planner has made my life 100x easier. You can even make your own key to follow. Above is min for reference.

4. Use highlighters.

Highlight when you've completed a task or the day (there is something so satisfying about it), highlight important events, or you can use highlighters to show how much time an event will take. (i.e. yellow for 5-10 minutes, pink for 15-30 minutes, orange for 30+ minutes)

5. Use bullet points.

My bullet method is boxes. You can see my bullet point key above. You can use whatever kind of bullet point you want. You can star important events, put an exclamation point beside things you're excited for, use hearts for date nights, open circles you can fill in when you finish the task and so on.

6. Sticky notes are your friend.

Sticky notes are lifesavers in general, they're even better for planners. Lists are my way of life. I can't do anything without making a list. Use a sticky note to write down your grocery list and stick it beside "Go to Target."

7. Page markers

I love to use binder clips to clip the pages between the month and page I'm currently on. You can even use washi tape to book mark a special page.

8. Stickers

You can buy stickers from just about anywhere. Stickers help me see what is going on better. I know when I see a money sign, it's pay day, or when I see a blue smiley face, that means I have a meeting. Plus, stickers make it cute, and who doesn't want cute?

9. Stay on schedule.

Check your planner in the morning to see what you have going on for the day. Check again in the middle of the day to mark off what you've accomplished and see what you have left. Lastly, check before you go to bed to mark off the rest, and look over what you have the next day.