I Switched To Organic Pads & Tampons And I'm Never Going Back

With more and more brands making 100% cotton products, why wouldn't you switch?

34

I never knew what my pads and tampons were made out of. I didn't know if what I was using during my period was good for me or even safe for me. With so many products on the market, it felt impossible to know what was best for me and my body.

I started seeing a bunch of commercials about organic pads and tampons, which got me wondering what exactly was in those products. When I was on a Target run with my mom (ahh, how much I love going to Target with my mom!), we ended up in the feminine hygiene aisle, and to my surprise, there were so many different organic products to choose from!

I found the brand L. and was drawn to it because of its cute and trendy packaging, but what really caught my eye was the writing on the packing. L. proudly shared that it was making its products from 100% organic cotton, it was free of pesticides, fragrances, dyes, and chlorine, but most importantly, for every L. product purchased, one feminine hygiene product is sent to a woman in need. Girls helping girls, amirite?

At first, I wasn't sure how well organic pads and tampons would work for me because -let's be honest- my flow can be a little unpredictable. But, these products worked just as well, if not better! I felt comfortable and confident and could take on the day, even when my period made me want to crawl back into bed.

Knowing that the products I'm using are safe and that each purchase I make is helping women everywhere makes me feel better. L. brand also wants women to live without shame, especially when it comes to our periods because it's a part of our life, and something we shouldn't be embarrassed about.

One more step in the right direction for #girlpower!