Ordinary vs. Extraordinary: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Let's be honest, you probably felt your ranking drop a few numbers during the Fashion Show.

84
PopSugar

Just remember, you will probably never look like this, nor will you ever be a Victoria's Secret Angel.

During the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, the seemingly perfect models strut their stuff across the catwalk for all to see over the air. Whether you love it or hate it, it's almost a guarantee that you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Millions of people tune in every year to watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, or the VSFS, as it has been dubbed. According to the internet and social media, the VSFS also seems to destroy the confidence of teenage girls everywhere.

I mean, I'm not going to lie, I sat down on the couch and worked on consuming a package of Twizzlers while accepting that if the Victoria's Secret Angels were Barbie dolls, I was a Mrs. Potato-Head. Which, let's be real, that's alright.

Compared to the Angels, a lot of us females of the world are Mrs. Potato-Heads.

So, like every other girl during the VSFS, I made a slight gripe about the fact that I'd never be on the same level as the Angels. I was ordinary while they were extraordinary.

Knowing about my agriculture background, one of my friends then said to me, "But I doubt any of the Angels can work with cows and animals like you can."

I'm not trying to say I'm better than the Angels, but in that aspect, I probably am.

I'm not saying that any of the Angels are less than spectacular, because they totally are amazing (like did you know that one of the Angels, Janine Tugonon, was originally a pharmacist?). Each and every Angel has a unique story, and it's obvious they work hard for their job.

Although, the rest of us ordinary folk are actually just as extraordinary in regular, day-to-day life. So, even if it's something weird and different, just remember, that's your niche. Modeling probably isn't, and that's okay.

Maybe they're still Barbie dolls, and you're still a Mrs. Potato-Head, but both are fully functional, loved, and successful.

Victoria's Secret Angels may appear extraordinary, but they're actually ordinary people. We may be ordinary people, but in our own ways, we are extraordinary.