An Open Letter To My Younger Self

An Open Letter To My Younger Self

Stop trying to fit in, find where you belong.

309
An Open Letter To My Younger Self
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/09/636562037411905000-548692350_IMG_E0607.JPG

Hey there kiddo,

This is future you & I am here to tell you that at this point in your life you will be very content with yourself. There is a lot that you have learned about yourself and about life by the time you turn 21. I know it feels like turning 21 is so far away, but I am here to reassure you that it sneaks up on you. Here’s a few tips that I hope you adhere to as you grow older (and hopefully wiser):

First, accept who you are. No, you aren’t a size 0, and I’m sorry to disappoint, but you won’t be as you get older. Embrace it. #ThickThighsSaveLives. You have long, black hair, wide brown eyes, and a baby face. Embrace it. Eat right. Exercise. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY. I promise it will all be worth it as you get older.

Second, broken hearts happen. It’s life. It’s inevitable. The boy you couldn’t stop thinking about during sophomore year in high school becomes your boyfriend, but nothing lasts forever. Learn from it. Everything happens for a reason. Take it with a grain of salt and go on with the next day. People will disappoint you. You will lose people & it will change you. You will suffer loss in the worst way imaginable. You’ll question too much, and overthinking will take over you mind. Listen to music, calm down, and tell yourself that everything will be okay (because it will be).

Third, know when to walk away. If something (or someone) isn’t right for you, your gut will tell you. Listen to it & walk away. Don’t keep yourself in harmful situations. It puts an excessively amount of stress on your body, and eventually you reach your boiling point. A bad habit you develop is keeping everything inside. Whenever you get mad, you get quiet. You rarely talk to anyone about your feelings, which isn’t good. Talk to someone. There is always something to gather from anyone you come across. Listen to guidance. ASK FOR HELP. Yes, sometimes people won’t give you the best advice, but that helps you learn what not to do. You are already incredibly stubborn, and that doesn’t change either.

Fourth, family is everything. Spend as much time as you can with everyone in your family. Go to Daddy’s soccer games on Sunday mornings, go on shopping sprees with Mommy and spend time with Giancarlo. They see you getting older and that you are growing apart with age. I’m here to tell you that you will regret not spending time with them. They have your back, and you have theirs. You were always protective of your family, and that my dear, does not change as you get older either. Go to family dinners & birthday parties. Take pictures. Take a lot of pictures. When you get older, you find that most of your time is spent looking at old pictures; and you can’t help but smile at every single one you look at & wish that you were back in time.

Fifth and final tip, know your worth. You are you. You know your limits, weaknesses, and flaws. However, you also know what makes you soar above everyone else and your strengths. Never let someone talk down to you and make you feel like you are nobody. Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something but if they do; prove them wrong, and smile.Treat yourself with the respect you deserve, and never let someone treat you less than a queen.

XOXO,

An older (slightly wiser) you