A Open Letter to Those Who Have Stuck by Me

A deserving Thank You

27

Ev·er·last·ing

( Lasting forever or for a very long time )

A fragile term I choose to use for a handful of people in my life, and for those people reading this. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This one’s for you.

From numerous breakups and passings, to prom pictures and birthdays. You have made the decision to stick by my side through it all. Even when our friendship has been at its lowest and time would play its part in bonding us. We always somehow found our way back to each other. And as for when our relationship is at its highest, we grow stronger each and every day.

Even waking up everyday and feeling the sting of pain, on my weakest days, you were right there with “Good morning” texts. The feeling of security that rushed through my body with the words appearing on my screen. It sends a message that you are going out of your way first thing in the morning to make sure I am taken care of. And for that, I will forever in a sense fall in love with our friendship over and over again.

You mean more to me than the air I breathe, and the ground I walk upon. Because without you I don’t see light or hope. Without the simplest hellos and the hardest goodbyes how could I possibly know what true love and dedication felt like. Between me and you, you turned my demons away and in came the angels. You have changed me in ways you can never fathom.

For every key there is a lost heart awaiting to be unlocked, to be loved. I was that heart, and you were the key. When I had said that I didn’t have the strength to pull through or continue, you responded with these exact words.

“You can be tired, and weak, but I promised myself that I would carry you throughout your days. I am never leaving and that is a vow I'm more than willing to stand by.”

Never forget that you are deeply appreciated, and I will always love you.