Open Letter to my Boyfriend

Open Letter to my Boyfriend

I don't say thank you enough, so here you go.

112
Open Letter to my Boyfriend

You came into my life at exactly the right time, and I don’t know where I would be without you. I feel like a lot of what you do goes unnoticed, so here's a list of things I appreciate about you.

1. You genuinely care about how I'm doing.

Everyone politely asks each other how they’re doing, but when you ask me, I know you really mean it. You’re always checking on my heart because you want me to be at my best.

2. You make trips to the grocery store fun.

It seems like we’re constantly running to the store to grab something, and I love that it never gets boring. We always end up making dumb food puns, hiding from each other, or racing to see who can get done first.

3. You show me all sorts of new things.

Everything from Netflix to music to food. I’ve learned so much from you in the time we’ve been dating. Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone and showing me all the cool stuff.

4. You make me feel beautiful.

In today’s world, that’s a hard thing to do. Both girls and guys are under so much pressure to look and dress a certain way in order to be considered "attractive". Thank you for making me believe I’m beautiful, even when I’ve just woken up from a nap and my hair is a mess.

5. You're always there to listen to me vent.

Sometimes life is too overwhelming for me to keep everything inside, so thank you for lending me your ear (and advice). Besides, since I’ve kept you in the loop this long, who else would understand everything?

6. You always drive.

It’s not that I can’t drive or that I don’t like driving. I just really appreciate that you always take care of it when we’re together. (P.S. Sorry about how I’m not always great at navigating and get us lost more often than not.)

7. You have given me a second family.

I always thought I had a big family, but now the size of it has doubled. Thanks for sharing everyone you love with me.

8. You are always down to get food.

I swear, it doesn’t matter if it’s 2:00 in the afternoon or 2:00 in the morning, you’re always ready to eat. If I’m in the mood for an ice cream sundae, we just hop in the car and go get one.

9. You make me laugh, even when I don't want to.

No matter the reason I’m upset, you always try to get me in a better mood by being goofy. Even when laughing is the last thing I want to do, you seem to find a way to crack me.

10. You ease my fears.

My fears can be a bit irrational at times, like when I get scared to open my car door at night because I feel like someone is in there ready to kill me. Thanks for not complaining when I ask you to make sure the coast is clear.

11. You always open doors for me--and for other people.

Again it's not that I'm incapable of doing it myself, but it's such a sweet thing for you to do. Also, I love that you're the type of guy who will wait in the cold a little longer just to keep the door open for the person behind us.

12. You are patient with me, even when I'm crabby.

I’ll admit it, I tend to get a little crabby. I’m sorry about that. Thank you for not adding to the problem and instead trying to talk things out to see what’s bothering me. (Also, sorry about how most of the time it’s just the lady hormones kicking in.)

13. You balance me out.

I’m obsessed with details, so I tend to plan out everything way too much. I also ask a lot of questions, which probably drives you nuts. Thanks for being so good with me and showing me that it’s okay to go with the flow and just let things happen.

14. You know more about me than I do.

You’re always able to see when I’m upset. When I need advice on something, you sit me down and tell me what you think would work best for me, and how I could best stay true to myself.

15. You bring me closer to God.

Sometimes I lay in bed at night and ask myself how I was lucky enough to land a guy who is so strong in his relationship with God. Jesus shines through you in so many ways. Sometimes it’s by sending me a verse when I’m feeling down, sometimes it’s by praying over me, and sometimes it’s just by you being the caring man that you are. Whether you know it or not, you’ve served as a role model for me since I’ve met you. Thanks for being so amazing.