An Open Letter To My Best Friend Going Through Tough Times

Quote to live by: "We rise by lifting others." - Robert Ingersoll.
5564

Quote to live by: "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge." - Don Henly.

To my best friend who will find that light:

It'll all get better in the end, I promise you. I know life is hard right now, and nothing seems to be going your way. Although I physically and mentally cannot understand what you're going through in depth, I have a close enough idea.

You are enough and you are so, so loved. I know that you may think otherwise, but you are well more than enough. I know that sometimes the world is against you, and everything is out of place. But in time, things will get better.

Quote to live by: "When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunshine." - Unknown.

You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I hope you see that within yourself. You know how to make people smile and make people laugh, and that's really hard for some people. Everyone needs a friend like you in their life.

Quote to live by: "You are your own definition of beautiful and worthwhile and no one else's definition. You are wiser, stronger, and smarter because you've made mistakes in your life." - Taylor Swift.

You care more about others than you do yourself, and it's okay to care about others. But, don't forget to care for yourself, too. This trait that you carry is so authentic and rich, and everyone should strive to have it as strong as you do.

Quote to live by: "Be somebody who makes every body feel like a somebody." - Robby Novak.

You are so genuine. I will always cherish the memories we have with one another, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. You truly are one of the greatest friends I've ever had, and I can only hope to be as genuine as you one day.

Quote to live by: "If every day was perfect, then there would be no need for tomorrow." - Unknown.

You know how to keep a conversation going, even if it's with a random person or it's just an uncomfortable situation. It's hard for a lot of people to do this, but this trait that you have can carry you in many different beautiful ways.

Quote to live by: "Intake confidence. Exhale doubt." - Unknown.

You have a kind soul and a kind heart. Though sometimes a little sass and a little mess can be thrown in the bunch, your heart always leads the way and you find the good out of every situation.

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Instead of hiding your emotions and feelings, you pursue them, take control, and are forthright of the notions. Not many people can pull it off as you do. I promise you, there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote to live by: "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you." - John Green.

You know more than you think you do. You're knowledgeable and sincere. You're steadfast and you're worthy.

Quote to live by: "Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day." - Unknown.

When things get tough, just know, please know, I'm always a phone call away. I know things are hard and life is difficult to cope with, but you are enough. Find what you enjoy and find what you're passionate about. Set goals and strive to achieve them. Take risks, don't let others hold you back from taking them. Do what makes you happy, and that's all that matters. Self-content and self-worth are far more important than anything you'll go through.

Once you find yourself, and find what makes you, you, I promise that everything will change from there. Of course, I know that it's difficult. Wondering what really makes you who you are. But, I am going to tell you this. There are hundreds and thousands of things that make each and every person unique. I promise you that no matter what, in the end, there are better days ahead. Better, brighter days that will have everything in store for you.

Quote to live by: "When you have bad days that just won't let up, I just hope that you will look in the mirror and remind yourself what you are and what you are not. You are not your mistakes. You are not damaged goods. You are not the opinion of someone who doesn't know you. You are a product of the lessons that you've learned. You are wiser because you went through something terrible. And, you are the person who survived a bunch of rainstorms and kept walking." - Taylor Swift.