Open Letter To All My Friends

Open Letter To All My Friends

You make my life a lot better.

592
Open Letter To All My Friends
Noelle Grassel

To anyone that has ever been my friend,

For starters, thank you. Whether you are currently my friend or a person in my past, you've taught me valuable lessons that come with friendship. I am stronger because of you. You helped mold me into the person I am today, and personally, I think I'm pretty great. To my friends–old and new–I have so much love for everything you all have taught me.

To the friends from my past–you will always have a special place in my heart. Disregard if our friendship ended on bad terms or not, I'm so happy to say that you were once in my life. You taught me how to be a better friend, not only to you but to others. Because of you, I learned what friendship is, what it should and shouldn't be, and that I deserve the amount of effort that I put in to be reciprocated. I don't hate you, not even a little bit. I'm fond of our memories, and I appreciate you all more than you even realize. Thank you for being there for me when I needed someone, and for teaching me valuable lessons that I'll carry with me forever.

To those who are still my friends, from high school or college–I love you so, so dearly. Most of you are probably unaware of just how much love I have for you in my heart since, you know, I don't really do feelings all that well. But the love is 100% there. Thank you for being a support system that I know I can always fall back on. Even if I don't see or talk to you often, you may think you're just a minor character in my life, but I am here to tell you differently. I think about you all on almost a daily basis, so I hope you realize just how special you are to me. I'm so incredibly lucky to have the privilege to say you are my friend. I probably talk about you and how lovely you are more than you know because that's how I express my love for you–even if you're unaware of it. Many of you inspire me every day to be a better person, and seeing you follow your passions warms my heart. Although I don't say it enough, I'm so proud of you guys and all you do. I'll always be here to support you or help you in any way that I can, so do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Basically, this is a huge thank you to anyone who has ever been my friend. Thank you for putting up with my bullshit, wiping away my tears, ensuring that everything would turn out okay, laughing with (or at) me, supporting my dreams and decisions (good and bad), and being right by my side through the highs and lows. You each truly have a special place in my heart. You always will.

Love,

Your friend who appreciates you all tremendously.