An Open Letter To My Theater Friends

An Open Letter To My Theater Friends

Theater friends? More like theater family.

13
An Open Letter To My Theater Friends
Teatre Poliorama

Hi All,

You all know how much I miss you and how excited I am to see you this summer.

You guys are different from any other friend group I’ve had, in so many wonderful ways. I was the only theater kid at my school and was a bit nervous about starting to take theater classes on the weekends at a place where I didn’t know anyone, and where most people might be more experienced than I was. I shouldn’t have been nervous, though. All the years I spent going to theater school made me grow as a person in so many different ways, and always with you guys by my side, the wonderful friends I made during this journey.

We’ve gone though so much together, from having awesome and horrible teachers, to learning new skills and getting over our fears. We’ve also had friends who have come and gone, but I know that those of you who are still by my side, even if you’re on the other side of the planet, are going to be my friends forever.

We understand each other, we know that wanting to be an actor is not a game, it involves hard work and dedication, and we have all chosen this path, even if it’s not a normal one that guarantees a good future career. It’s what we love, and although not everyone will understand that, we have each other.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for everything. For not just being my classmates but becoming my theater family. We’ve gone through a lot together and it makes me so happy that even though our theater school days are over and we are all figuring out our next steps in life, we still rely on each other for support and hang out like nothing has changed.

Thank you for being you and being the best. I will see you soon!

Love, Me