An Open Letter To The Struggling Nursing Student

Remember why you chose this path
18442

Dear Nursing student,

Second semester has just begun, but as a fellow Nursing student, I know that you are already swamped with tons of homework, exams, classes, clinical, labs, and studying. Whether you are the pre-nursing student trying to pass Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, Statistic, and any other gen-ed requirement, to the Nursing student already in the program, you might be finding that second semester is bringing a heavy load.

You can already see yourself sitting in the library for endless hours this semester because you know it's going to be a rough one. You can already feel the stress you are going to feel when you have 2 papers and 3 exams all in the same week. Second semester is already starting to make you feel like you don't know if you can handle another hard semester.

You see your friends in other majors barely having any homework and you get envious. You wish you had more free time. You might not admit to it, but I bet sometimes you even wish you hadn't chosen Nursing as your major....

Here is some advice for you little nursing student: You can do this. You chose to pursue a degree in nursing for a reason. Every time you start to resent your decision, remember why you chose this wonderful career path.

Remember how passionate you are about this field of work. Think about how someday you will help someone feel better when they are sick. You will show your compassion and dedication one day. One dy, you will impact a patient's life. Think about it, you can do this.

I wish you nothing but the best this semester. All the late nights in the library and the stress will all be worth it one day, I promise.

Love,

A fellow struggling Nursing student